superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:59:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Action Comics 844 Now with Spoilers  (Read 3670 times)
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« on: October 26, 2006, 05:27:49 PM »

After all the previews, interviews, and hype I was prepared for a letdown... boy was I wrong. Last Son definitely delivers the goods in this first installment by Donner, Johns, and Adam Kubert. Plot is tight with many character moments throughout. Although, Adam Kubert's pencils are an acquired taste and transition from very good to uh okay? With Mr. Busiek and now the AC crew, it's a great time to read Superman. Cheesy     

« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 12:37:43 AM by Michel Weisnor » Logged

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
binarysunrise
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 09:21:54 PM »

Oh my god. I can't remember the last time I truly enjoyed a Superman monthly....

The Speeding Bullet
   http://www.thespeedingbullet.com
--an archive of Superman newspaper strips--
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 10:42:09 PM »

Oh my god. I can't remember the last time I truly enjoyed a Superman monthly....
I'm quite enjoying them now! I agree with Michel Weisnor's view, though I did think that there was some entirely unnecessary and uncharacteristic violence, and one scene clearly ripped off from the original movie. Otherwise, I liked this more than I thought I would.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 12:35:46 AM »

Here be Spoilers:

I give it a C+

1. The scene in the fortress makes no sense and feels like it was just thrown in there.
2. Why is Kal acting like an arrogant bully? Wildly out of character, IMO.
3. So, Kal can use his Microscopic Vision to scan the ship, but he can't scan the child to determine whether he's Kryptonian or not? Bizarre leap in logic. Especially when he's done so before.

Overall, the better Superman read this week was the S/B Annual by Joe Kelly which had a modern retelling of Superman and Batman's first meeting from Superman #76. You just can't go wrong with Super-Ventriliquism, the Crime Syndicate, and Bizzaro Loeb.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2006, 12:37:52 AM by DBN » Logged
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 02:59:00 PM »

A very good beginning to what I feel will be regarded as an excellent run on Action Comics.
Some links to both the original Superman movie and Returns, which was nice as well.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L