superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:08:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SINGER RETURNS _ SEQUEL OFFICIAL  (Read 8823 times)
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2006, 05:47:13 AM »

Rao I deleted the above for propiety's sake.

And LL --thats not Lois I was referring to, Ms. Teschmacher.  Nor is the ending for those who've read the script.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2006, 05:16:44 PM »

Rao writes:

I don't know if that was Donner footage.  I've seen an "extended cut" of the movie that was originally aired on network television many years ago.  It included the scene outside the Fortress that had Lois and Superman talking, and in the background the "Arctic Police" were loading the PZ criminals into a caterpillar-tread police van.

Actually, I hope it's NOT Donner footage.  The concept of an "Arctic Police" force is the most ludicrous notion since the "Space Marines" in "Moonraker."  On the other hand, what an easy beat that would be...the Arctic Police would have less to do than the Maytag Repairman!

What I keep hearing is that the Donner version has an altogether different ending.  I hope this is true...the showdown the Fortress was always a damp squib after the fireworks of the Metropolis fight.  And if I never see "Super-cellophane" again, I'll be very happy.

Another scene that I liked seeing restored in that same extended cut was one where Clark went back to the hotdog stand at Niagra Falls to pay for the hotdogs that he had run off with earlier.

I like that!  I certainly think it's more in character than what we got, with Clark going back to the diner to terrorize the bully who'd harassed him earlier.  Superman would never be that petty.

Since there was a Niagra Falls scene restored, and I think the entire Niagra Falls sequence was Lester's, I doubt this was Donner footage.

I wonder.  Certainly the "reveal" with Clark falling into the hotel fireplace seems to be a replacement for the "shooting blanks" scene that Donner shot, and I assume the bit with Lois jumping in the Niagra River replaced the bit where she jumps out the Planet window in Donner's version.  But in the clips I've seen from the new "Donner Cut" DVD, Perry calls Lois and Clark into his office to assign them the "Honeymooners in Niagra" job, so this seems to have been part of the plot in Donner's version, too.  Whether or not Donner actually made it to Niagra for any shooting I don't know.

Looking forward to seeing this thing.  I think the reason I so dislike Superman: II is that it had the potential to be a great Superman movie.  If it turns out a reshuffling, re-editing and tweaking of the plot can do that, it'll end 25+ years of daydreaming.  Smiley

This looks like a job for...
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2006, 12:34:37 AM »

Donner Cut review

http://iesb.net/index.php?option=com_d4j_ezine&task=read&page=1&category=11&article=458&Itemid=38

Another Singer directed Superman, count me out.

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
leandar
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 11:06:55 AM »

I don't know if that was Donner footage.  I've seen an "extended cut" of the movie that was originally aired on network television many years ago.  It included the scene outside the Fortress that had Lois and Superman talking, and in the background the "Arctic Police" were loading the PZ criminals into a caterpillar-tread police van.

It was Donner footage, they were taken into custody by an Arctic patrol along with Lex and Superman flew off with Lois.  I vaguely remember seeing this when I was a kid on TV, but I have read about it and seen stills of it.  Then just afterwards, apparently is when he lands, destroys the Fortress of Solitude with his heat vision and then has a scene with Lois where they decide to end the relationship.  Like someone said, I guess we'll find out for certain when the DVD gets out, it's five days away, I can't wait!!

http://www.starwarsandbeyond.com

Superman Returns - The REAL Superman III!!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L