superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes Newton<Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 08:59:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman Confidential #1 question (fairly spoiler-free)  (Read 2722 times)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« on: November 04, 2006, 12:06:07 AM »

Did anybody else find this rather, well, boring? I know I was setting myself up for more because I kept wanting it to be Cooke, rather than Sale, doing the artwork, but I can't help feeling the story itself is a bit dull so far. I liked the opening, that seemed to be narrated by a large hunk of Kryptonite, and I also liked Superman's anxiety at not really knowing the extent of his own invulnerability, but the rest just seemed a bit run-of-the-mill.

Not to mention the infuriating nonsense of the comic itself being so full of advertisements on thick paper and 3-D spectacles that turning the pages became an Olympic discipline.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 05:06:02 AM »

The opening reminded me of the old Tales of Kryptonite but after that I agree. Altho I liked Lois' sassy phone manner.  We'll see where Number Two goes.  Shame Cooke is drawing/writing The Spirit instead of this.. as THAT seems thankless in the wake of a master like Eisner.
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 03:30:45 AM »

I was a tad disappointed myself.  I was hoping it would be better.  But it's still early so it might improve.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L