superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:58:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Believe it or not, I actually do like the Super-Pets  (Read 10940 times)
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 08:06:27 PM »

It always seemed to me that the Superpets were part of the DC world where Batman & Robin met Mystery Inc.(Scooby-Doo and the gang) and via that you get Blue Falcon and Dynomutt(but not the Laff-a-lympics)

alschroeder
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2006, 08:15:57 PM »

Actually, the super-pets concept might have worked with a normal kid as the
"trainer" for them---maybe several trainers, one for each super-animal.  It also might have been interesting if other super-animals were found that didn't have Kryptonian powers---a snake with hypnotic powers, or a bird with lightning powers, etc.

Don't believe me?

Don't think it might have been a HUGE success?

Ever hear of---POKEMON?

If you included Proty and other non-Kryptonian-like animals, it could have been potentially a very interesting comic. Now, it would look like an imitation of POKEMON.---Al

Al Schroeder III, former letterhack (met his wife through Julie Schwartz' lettercolumns) of MINDMISTRESS http://mindmistress.comicgenesis.com---think the superhero genre is mined out? Think there are no new superhero ideas?

Think again.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2006, 11:35:27 PM »

I saw a Pokemon cartoon once; I still think about it and try to figure out what was happening every now and then.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2006, 05:38:51 PM »

Actually, the super-pets concept might have worked with a normal kid as the
"trainer" for them---maybe several trainers, one for each super-animal.
And thus, you have the Krypto cartoon, with Krypto being cared for by a human kid/family.

No one ever seems to tell this super-pet's story, though:
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2006, 10:36:40 PM »

Didn't the descendants of the Super-Pets appear in one of the "1,000,000" titles?
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L