superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 05:37:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SHAZAM AND THE MONSTER SOCIETY OF EVIL Preview!!!  (Read 6418 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: November 26, 2006, 02:46:45 AM »

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/Nov06/previews/nov28.html

It looks like it will be well worth the wait!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 03:56:43 AM »

Yes indeed, this book looks like a true winner. I hope SHAZAM! doesn't get too "mature" and just stays fun.

Trials of SHAZAM....on the other hand  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 05:39:50 PM by Michel Weisnor » Logged

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 03:41:58 PM »

Yes!

Everyone else keeps inching Billy older and older with every re-telling.  Now Jeff takes the opposite tack and makes him YOUNGER than the original.

"Good electricity."  I like it.  Grin

This looks like a job for...
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 06:02:01 PM »

It's certainly got that proper, stocky, cartoony feel to it (though I think the storytelling could be slightly more economical - five pages for this scene is a bit on the long side). I'm looking forward to this; Jeff Smith is perhaps the only person who still produces artwork like this!

I've been reading The Trials of Shazam, which is rapidly becoming one of those titles that I know I'm going to buy but am unlikely to re-read. Do DC think they have some sort of sacred obligation to turn everything into a Vertigo title? By which I mean: nebulous and full of obscurantist pseudo-science.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 03:10:38 AM »

I am unimpressed with the Trials of Shazam.  Hopefully it will be forgotten out of continuity.

The Monster Society looks good, however.

Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 06:35:02 PM »

Saw a preview of this and I absolutely loved it! I haven't been this excited about a Captain Marvel book since Dini/Ross Power of Hope.

Trials of Shazam is such typical garbage. I am going to support Shazam and The Monster Society as much as possible to counteract it. I'm even starting a pullbox again for the first time in *years* just for this title. I'm getting the individual issues and the eventual trade to. Heh, I might even buy 2 copies of each issue. One for me and one to thumb my nose at Trials. Tongue

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 09:16:56 PM »

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=97714

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 08:49:59 PM »

Awesome interview! He actually freakin gets it! Hey DC Comics, put down the death-list for two little minutes and take notes. You could learn alot from this man.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L