superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonBatman!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:37:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lucy Lawless Voices Wonder Woman in new Justice League DVDs  (Read 4545 times)
ILoveLucyLawless
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: December 04, 2006, 06:07:16 AM »

The Immeasurably Sweet Sweet Heavenly Sexxxy Perfect Angelic Goddess Lucy Smiley has done the voice work for Diana in these new DC Universe DVDs, the first 3 I believe will be released in late 2007 and early 2008 (art not completed yet). Oh My God Yes Lucy! Smiley Any thoughts? She is unlikely to play the character in a film now but this is the next best thing. Oh God Yes Lucy! Smiley

Also since this is a Superman forum, do you all believe the battle b/t Kal and Diana was a good one in Wonder Woman 219? I was very impressed with how Diana did, I was just wondering how she could survive in space when I've read she is not supposed to be able to? Unless this was changed.

James Bond Loves Lucy
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 05:10:15 PM »

The question is -- why?  What's next?  Christian Bale taking over from Kevin Conroy?

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 08:14:16 PM »

The question is -- why?  What's next?  Christian Bale taking over from Kevin Conroy?

Why not, you sure seem cranky today.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 03:21:43 AM »

I guess I get a little uppity and cranky when perfectly good voice actors get replaced by "stars".  I like Lucy Lawless, and I think she'll do a fine job.  But I'd hate to think of a future where -voice- actors had to look like Dana Delany or Lucy Lawless just to have a job. 

Aldous
Superman Squad

Downunder

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 05:20:53 AM »

I never thought of my countrywoman Lucy Lawless playing Wonder Woman, but that's a good idea. She still looks great, and with those womanly thighs of steel and fists of iron... she's a natural. Physically she would improve upon Lynda Carter as Kiwi women are fitter, more outdoorsy, and much tougher than average (while remaining feminine).

And Mxy, you can't tell me a person's voice is not a reflection of who and what they are, including their looks.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 02:05:19 PM »

A voice may be a reflection of who they are, but is that relevant to voice acting?  Bart Simpson is voiced by a fortysomething female Scientologist, but does that have a lot to do with Bart or how you think of Bart?  What does Superman say about Danny Dark?  I'd hate to see a world where a voice actor maestro like a Maurice LaMarche can't get work because he's not "flavor of the day" on some sitcom.  Some actors are truly great voice actors, but many don't have the range.  Their celeb voice turns out to be shallow for the broad palette it's being applied atop. 

Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2006, 11:21:38 PM »

Sounds like perfect casting to me! Grin

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2007, 07:50:15 PM »

As her character is played in New Frontier, Lucy Lawless makes alot of sense. If they were going to animate Kingdom Come I'd prolly also consider her as WW for that.

I'm just wondering why they are doing a New Frontier DTV. I mean I love the series very much but who is supposed to be the audience for it in animation outside comic fans? If anything I would think it would have kids and adults who came to DC characters in animation through the Timm stuff or Titans very confused. They're not gonna come into armed with knowledge of Silver Age history.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L