superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:20:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hear "Yours Truly" host a podcast!  (Read 2224 times)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« on: December 11, 2006, 03:01:25 AM »

My good friend Paul Chapman invited me to guest-host his popular podcast, THE GREATEST MOVIE EVER, to a movie we both love, THE LOST EMPIRE. Find it here:

http://www.fearthegooberzilla.com/

It's on the front page of his blog:

http://fearthegooberzilla.blogspot.com/

If you're curious what I sound like, here you are.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 04:11:46 AM »

Julian, listened to most of this the other night when I had some time to spare on the net.  I don't listen to many podcasts because I find many of them tend to ramble and take up quite a bit of my time --I surf the web usually in 20 minute to 1/2 hour spurts and don't usually want to be distracted by checking to see if my always-outdated multimedia software needs a patch, etc.  Rather have a cd or the CBC or even a crackly old hillbilly 78 playing.

That being said, it was fun hearing your voice on that podcast and I'm grateful for the recommendation of that movie/miniseries.  I love the idea of the terra cotta warriors coming to life!  A fun, rambling radio-type show about movies --you seem very knowledgeable about quite a few pop culture and even more  lterary/historical/mythological topics  (myself, I would have no idea how to pronounce the names of various Finnish epics), so it was something of an education for me, although I hardly think the topic rated quite as much explosive laughter as you both brought to it (but I haven't seen it yet, so I might laugh myself) --I kept having to hit the volume control on my browser.  Maybe something your friend could see to in the editing suite...

If you are interested in American pop culture iterations of the Monkey King story, you might want to check out the American Born Chinese graphic novel, which was nominated for an American Book Award this year.

Anyways, thanks for the tip!

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L