superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe Krypton ChroniclesHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:36:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman Returns DVD BOOOOO HISSSSS!  (Read 3951 times)
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« on: December 11, 2006, 10:10:39 AM »

Why?  NO SPECIAL FEATURES!!!

So I pay my hard earned shekels, get the 19.99 version of the DVD at Wal Mart for 13.89 and just get the movie?Huh?

I'm spoiled by special features now.

Where's the documentary?  The trailers?  Behid the scenes?  Deleted scenes?

I guess they are all in the $25.00 version of the DVD

Shame on you, Warner!
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 03:02:47 PM »

I agree the price point on the feature-less version is too high, considering the two-disc edition is only about 6 bucks more.

But as far as not getting what you expected, well, they do print the contents on the back of the box, you know.  Wink

This looks like a job for...
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 04:42:46 PM »

If you didn't want the feature-less version then why did you but it?

The 2 DVD version cost $23.49
The feature-less version cost $14.99

It was stated clearly on the box Huh?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 07:48:19 PM »

You know.. then I guess that's what I get for assuming... every other DVD gets special features.  And Wal Mart advertised that the 13.89 DVD is regularly 19.99...

Still, shame on Warner.  If it was a special feature-less DVD, then sell it at 9.99.  It's not like they don't have the money to do it, and they would probably sell MORE copies, anyway!  If they sold the version with the features at 19.99 (then on sale for 13.99), I would have snagged that.

Unfortunately, Wal Mart (where I usually buy my new DVDs) has a standard version (with features at 13.89) and a "Special 2 Disc Edition" for more.

As far as it being stated "Clearly on the box"... are you kidding?  I have to go over the contents on the back with a fine tooth comb and magnifying glass to see WHAT special features are, or if there are bonuses, on a DVD.  The only thing that was on the front was a sticker telling me I could download the movie for under $2.00, which to me is silly as I can play the DVD on my computer, anyway.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 08:36:03 PM »

Thanks for the heads-up, I didn't know there were two versions.  I'll be sure to keep my eyes open when I buy a copy.

I just hope the 2-disc version is available without that metal tin.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 10:37:47 PM »

davidelliot writes:

Still, shame on Warner.  If it was a special feature-less DVD, then sell it at 9.99.  It's not like they don't have the money to do it, and they would probably sell MORE copies, anyway!  If they sold the version with the features at 19.99 (then on sale for 13.99), I would have snagged that.

Wait til February and you can probably get the single disc version for 9 bucks, if history's anything to judge by.

Great Rao writes:

Thanks for the heads-up, I didn't know there were two versions.  I'll be sure to keep my eyes open when I buy a copy.

I just hope the 2-disc version is available without that metal tin.

The two-disc version is in a regular-sized plastic "clam."  It's the version with Superman flying more or less at you with fist out and the Daily Planet behind him.  The single disc version has a (superior, IMHO) image of Superman flying more downwards to catch the flaming jumbo jet.

Best Buy and Circuit City had their own versions with special box art.  Circuit City's even came with a third disc about "the Science of Superman."

If you belong to Costco, the 2-disc version is $20 there.

This looks like a job for...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L