superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 10:39:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wikimedia upgrade  (Read 6561 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« on: December 20, 2006, 11:53:27 PM »

I've just upgraded the version of Wikimedia running on Supermanica - speak up if you notice any problems.

One of the new features with this version is that a user must now validate their email address before they are permitted to make any edits.  Just a heads-up that you might bump into this when you try to edit anything - I've noticed that some of us have validated our email address, others haven't.  You can confirm your email address on your user preferences page, and Supermanica will email you a confirmation code.  If you just try to edit an article, you'll be walked through it.

« Last Edit: March 04, 2007, 02:01:13 AM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2006, 01:23:31 AM »

I was trying to add good old Stanley Finchcomb, when I put his name in the search section and pressed GO, I got this message:

No article with this name exists.

You can [[::Stanley Finchcomb|create an article with this title]] but please make sure you've double-checked the spelling and the capitalization first!

But no way to actually add the article. Huh?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 10:17:10 PM »

It seems that the code to get this page to work changes in each upgrade.  Should be alright now.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 11:38:37 PM »

Yes, it does work now, thanks. Cool

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 06:38:43 PM »

I can't get the edit toolbar to display when I edit pages or write new entries.  I can remember some of the code but I cant remember all of it.

I have Safari for Mac OS X and I do have Java and JavaScript enabled. I do have "show edit toolbar" selected in my preferences at the site.
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2007, 12:00:36 AM »

Still kind of wondering, editing or creating entries is a LOT easier with the toolbar.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2007, 12:21:01 AM »

Try Firefox.

MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2007, 12:39:56 AM »

I'm hoping maybe you are working on something because now I am denied access to the site entirely.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L