superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:39:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman Xmas wish?  (Read 6822 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« on: December 21, 2006, 07:26:37 AM »

Besides peace on Earth, what other Superman-related gifts would you like to receive for the holidays?

I'm still eyeballing the Superman Family/Olsen reprints.  Cheap thrills that I have so far denied myself...

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 02:00:04 PM »

Well, with so little free time I am still not finish with the Vol.2 of the Superman one (it's almost finish) and I haven't even started on the Showcase Superman family.

By the time I am done with them the Legion and Vol.3 should be released!

Maybe, part of me doesn't want them to end.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2006, 08:19:27 PM »

Besides peace on Earth,
Actually, I'm not a big fan of Alex Ross.

what other Superman-related gifts would you like to receive for the holidays?

I'm considering the 2-disc version of Superman Returns and although it's not strictly Superman, the forthcoming hardcover collection of Jack Kirby's Fourth World is on my list.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2006, 08:46:13 PM »

I'm considering the 2-disc version of Superman Returns and although it's not strictly Superman, the forthcoming hardcover collection of Jack Kirby's Fourth World is on my list.

Jimmy Olsen is in it, and it's also funny that Jimmy Olsen of all people is somehow connected with that cosmic  epic story. Then again, considering his crazy Silver Age tales, it seems fitting. Oh, and Superman is in it too.

I believe this is the 1st time it has ever been reprinted complete in color and it is also getting the deluxe hardcover treatment, it's a dream come true.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2006, 11:04:04 PM »

Yeah, they reprinted New Gods in squarebound paperback in the 80s (who knows --maybe it is also a GN/trade by now) but that is a great idea for a DC project.  Too bad it's an ugly package and can't be like the gorgeous Popeye hardcover that just came out.

Rao, I'm not a Ross fan either but for some reason the phrase came to me...

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2006, 06:16:21 PM »

Jimmy Olsen is in it, and it's also funny that Jimmy Olsen of all people is somehow connected with that cosmic  epic story. Then again, considering his crazy Silver Age tales, it seems fitting. Oh, and Superman is in it too.

Speaking of great Jimmy Olsen appearances, I can't believe that I forgot the Kirk Alyn DVDs.  I'll add that to my stocking-stuffer list too.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2006, 07:59:29 PM »

I don't think any of us have been too good for this!

http://cgi.ebay.com/1950s-3-D-0rig-Curt-Swan-Superman-Comic-Art-Complete_W0QQitemZ200061221114QQihZ010QQcategoryZ1532QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Especially at that starting bid!  But fun to see and there's a whole 'nother Swan story there too.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2006, 10:30:15 PM »

That's absolutely beautiful!  I'd love to see it published.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L