superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:56:53 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So...what super-stuff did you get for Christmas/Chanukkah?  (Read 9130 times)
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 05:32:00 PM »

Nothing Superman related for myself, but I got the Superman: TAS DVDs for the kids.
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2006, 05:26:07 PM »

I got a Superman alarm clock/radio and a Superman fleece throw blanket.

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2006, 11:35:03 PM »

I got a call from my sister to ask me if I was still alive, and a friend gave me a bottle of champagne. I can't for the life of me connect this with Superman. By the way, my girlfriend never gave me the Superman mouse and keyboard I wanted. Cough-cough.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2007, 01:21:52 PM »

I got a call from my sister to ask me if I was still alive, and a friend gave me a bottle of champagne. I can't for the life of me connect this with Superman. By the way, my girlfriend never gave me the Superman mouse and keyboard I wanted. Cough-cough.

A reason to talk to your sister more often: mine got me the Ultimate Superman DVD collection for Christmas. It has everything...it even has the 50th anniversary TV special, Superpup, and the Bugs Bunny "Super-Rabbit" spoof of the Fleischer cartoons.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 05:10:22 PM »

A reason to talk to your sister more often: mine got me the Ultimate Superman DVD collection for Christmas. It has everything...it even has the 50th anniversary TV special, Superpup, and the Bugs Bunny "Super-Rabbit" spoof of the Fleischer cartoons.
Not to mention all the Fleischer cartoons themselves.  Smiley 

They should've put the Pinky and the Brain "Two Mice and a Baby" episode on there as well, but that's a minor quibble.  Smiley

Say, did you get the "corrected" Superman III with the extra features actually on the disk?  I'm still waiting for the WB to send me my shipper to return the defectively-burned disk(s). 
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2007, 07:31:44 PM »

No, I don't guess I did...

How do you get it?

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2007, 07:43:40 PM »

I haven't yet.  I've called the phone #, given them my info, and they've given me a ticket # indicating they'd send me a shipper to return the disks:

http://www.gadgetell.com/2006/12/superman-dvd-collection-a-little-less-super/

But, you want to check to see if you have defective disks first.  Don't just trust the labelling on the DVD.  If you put Superman III in the DVD and see no special features menu with deleted scenes and such, you don't have the right one.  Same goes for Superman I without the 2.0 sound.  Some boxed sets were fixed, but most of the ones ordered through the big e-tailers (e.g. Amazon, Deep Discount DVD) weren't, AFAICT.

TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2007, 07:53:44 PM »

Klar, that Mexican poster (Mundo Perdido!) is awesome!

Mexico rocks!

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L