superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSuperman Through the Ages!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:14:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ENTER: The Mercury Age Mon-El  (Read 7489 times)
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2006, 01:15:49 AM »

So far I like the storyline.  They simply said someone with an S on their chest put him in the zone.  And he's called "Mon-El" again, not M'onel or whatever else they were last calling him. His costume is pretty much the classic Mon-El costume also.
Hopefully his return will continue to be handled well.

Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2006, 05:19:23 AM »

I read Waid's Legion on and off. For me, his Legion is a tough sell. I enjoy the letters page but the stories don't give me the same satisfaction. I'll give 30th century supers another crack to see what becomes of Mon-El and Supergirl.  After that...

I'm going to agree with Julian. Mercury Age just doesn't seem to fit. Perhaps, Lead Age might work better. I don't know.   

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2006, 04:28:22 PM »

It was a good issue, but Waid isn't one for consistancy. In this issue it is said that the Daxamites were wiped out by Trom 3 centuries prior. Funny thing is, they were mentioned during the first arc of the current series. Huh?

JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2006, 04:32:15 PM »

Quote from: Aldous
I see what you mean.

Except, I'm afraid I see the mind as a product of the brain.

That's a reasonable conclusion. But...okay, let's say you believe that the mind and brain are one. There is something to indicate that in the dimension of the Phantom Zone, thought becomes something else entirely. The Zoners can all communicate through telepathy, for instance. And using Jewel Kryptonite, they can focus their thoughts well enough to affect reality.

In fact, it is possible that the Phantom Zone converts even physical bodies to a totally different kind of substance altogether. The Zoners aren't "trapped." They can move around, at least in the confines of the Zone itself. This is strongly implied by their ghostly, insubstantial appearance.

Incidentally, since pinholes and gateways sometimes open from the Zone to Earth, it may be the case that the PZ is very "close" to our dimension, extremely permeable.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2006, 08:40:03 AM »

In fact, it is possible that the Phantom Zone converts even physical bodies to a totally different kind of substance altogether.

This appears to be exactly what the Phantom Zone projector does, anyway: it doesn't separate the mind from the body, it turns the body into a ghost-like thing, presumably with completely different properties; therefore you could imagine that the mind continues to function, memories keep getting stored, and so on, just in a body of much lower density and mass, with a seemingly limitless lifespan.

In the early stories, the Phantom Zone didn't seem to be so much a place as a wraithlike state, so that Zoners can see what happens on earth, but can't affect it, whereas they remain invisible to the inhabitants of the more concrete world.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L