superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:23:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wallpapers  (Read 15066 times)
superman007
Superman Fan

« on: December 30, 2006, 06:39:21 PM »

What do you think of these wallpapers?

* 0264.jpg (33.5 KB, 420x336 - viewed 877 times.)

* 0258.jpg (35.78 KB, 420x336 - viewed 876 times.)

* 0240.jpg (26.44 KB, 420x336 - viewed 847 times.)

* 0154.jpg (29.21 KB, 420x336 - viewed 837 times.)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 07:24:19 PM by superman007 » Logged
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2006, 07:32:14 PM »

did you draw and colored them yourself?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
superman007
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2006, 08:58:32 PM »

No-

« Last Edit: December 30, 2006, 09:00:28 PM by superman007 » Logged
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2006, 09:00:31 PM »

I like them.

Where did the Walt Simonson picture (the first one) come from?  In fact, I'm curious where they all came from.

I like the "Superman Returns" S emblem on the Animated Series Superman - I think it works well.

Is that supposed to be a Curt Swan S, or a George Reeves S, on the bottom Superman?  Either way, I really like seeing a well done modern drawing of the character but with the traditional emblem - if only they were doing that in the comics!  Thanks for putting this one together, I like it very much.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
superman007
Superman Fan

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2006, 09:04:31 PM »

No, I did not draw them.  I did however manipulate images and changed colors.  The wallpapers are my creations. 
superman007
Superman Fan

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2006, 09:11:44 PM »

The last wallpaper has the George Reeves's S.   The images come from many different sources.   I believe you are right about the first Superman.  If you would like a 1280 x 1024 copy let me know.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2006, 10:46:18 PM »

The 1st one is my favorite, (I love Walt!) nice work there.  Cool

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2006, 03:40:05 PM »

I like them.

Where did the Walt Simonson picture (the first one) come from?  In fact, I'm curious where they all came from.

I like the "Superman Returns" S emblem on the Animated Series Superman - I think it works well.

Is that supposed to be a Curt Swan S, or a George Reeves S, on the bottom Superman?  Either way, I really like seeing a well done modern drawing of the character but with the traditional emblem - if only they were doing that in the comics!  Thanks for putting this one together, I like it very much.

The Simonson Superman is taken from the Superman Special 1 the modern re-telling of the Sandman saga,and the "S" of the last picture,a Jim Lee draw i think is truly from the George Reeves version.

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L