superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:36:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is not your Dad's Multiverse!  (Read 14732 times)
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2007, 05:58:41 AM »

Johns just can't seem to get through the day without blood being spilled can he? More Earths, more angst, more gore. What was all that about the Iron Age being over?

I've got a sinking feeling that crying Superman means Lois is gonna be the next refrigerator girl. DC's got a death-list, checking it twice.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 12:21:00 AM »

Answers from Dan Didio:

http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=99665

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 12:41:49 AM »

Today, I read Ion #10. This miniseries is a precursor of a multiverse to come....

Lets back up and I'll start again. Mr. Majestic, a Wildstorm hero, guest starred in Superman stories before returning to said universe. Last year, Will Pfeifer wrote "Captain Atom: Armageddon" incorporating Captain Atom into the Wildstorm Universe. Since Captain Atom's DCU return, he's wearing armour worn previously by Monarch, a villain from Armageddon 2001.

Spoilers...

"So many worlds. Why shouldn't they all get a chance to live?" - Captain Atom   

Ion #9 ends with Kyle Rayner's struggle with two unknown antagonists from an alternative Earth. These assailants are from the Tangent Universe, Earth-97. Subsequently, Kyle is defeated. Now in Ion#10, he appears in an unknown void. Turns out, it's actually the Bleed, a space between universes. The Bleed first appeared in Warren Ellis' Stormwatch and was further explained in his Authority series. This bit of information is explained to Kyle by none other than Captain Atom/Monarch! Seems, he is able to traverse the Void and even battles Wildstorm's cruel Daemonites. So, the new multiverse appears to adopt the Bleed.

Another interesting note, there appears to be rules to alternative earth crossovers. Two young boys are in the Bleed before Kyle's arrival. After Kyle's in the Bleed, three Tangent heroes are present in DCU. Tangent Green Lantern  begins to use her Lantern to form other Tangent heroes in DCU while DCU people disappear. However, Kyle stops her, bringing back the kids and himself; while the three Tangent heroes disappear. There may be a correlation between those coming and going between universes. They swap out. I'm not sure if this rule only applies to Tangent characters or not.

tidbits

The Monitors were introduced in Brave New World. Captain Atom knows they exist and tells Kyle the Bleed is a place the Monitors cannot see into.

The Guardians send Kyle to Sector 3388 where he finds an asteroid base with massacred Qwardians and Donna Troy.       

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 02:03:52 AM »

Somehow it seems like it was all much simpler back before Crisis on Infinite Earths...

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 11:39:11 PM »

It seems to me that the new Multiverse will include Tangent, Wildstorm, & All-Star universes.

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 05:01:32 AM »

Again?! Grin

http://dccomics.com/media/desktop_patterns/DC_2007_So_Begins_the_End_800x600.jpg

http://dccomics.com/media/desktop_patterns/DC_2007_So_Begins_the_End_1024x768.jpg

http://dccomics.com/media/desktop_patterns/DC_2007_So_Begins_the_End_1280x1024.jpg

http://dccomics.com/media/desktop_patterns/DC_2007_So_Begins_the_End_1600x1200.jpg

Strap in guys & gals, it's going to be a long year. 

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 05:22:38 AM »

Again?! Grin

There's a reason it was called Infinite Crisis.  It's going to be one long never-ending perpetual mega-crossover event.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2007, 01:24:50 AM »

Again?! Grin

There's a reason it was called Infinite Crisis.  It's going to be one long never-ending perpetual mega-crossover event.

Heh!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L