superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:57:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This is not your Dad's Multiverse!  (Read 14716 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: January 26, 2007, 01:32:14 AM »

The all new Multiverse is more like the Pre-Crisis Multiverse and Hypertime all rolled into one. With Elseworlds stories now really exist in some other Earth, same with Kingdom Come and the return of some old school ones as well and brand new ones never before seen.

Behold a Taste:

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/WWIII/dcart.jpg

Warning: Since this is Johns baby aka gore
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 01:35:08 AM by Super Monkey » Logged

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 04:08:39 PM »

Well, that's pretty logical... although the gore aspect I guess would fit some different Earths, I just don't want it on the primary Earth that is read about each month.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2007, 04:42:37 PM »

Well, that's pretty logical... although the gore aspect I guess would fit some different Earths, I just don't want it on the primary Earth that is read about each month.

It could be there too, I just wish they wouldn't force it on characters that do not need it and never had it before.

I don't think I could ever get used to seeing every new drawing of Black Adam with him dripping blood.

Ironically, now there will way more Supermen than there were pre-crisis.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2007, 04:45:49 PM »

Superman cries more than any superhero.   Cry

Okay.....here's my theory.

This Earth is where all the DC heroes go when they die. According to the Monitors, Kyle Rayner and Donna Troy are supposed to be dead, Mary Marvel is in critical condition/dying, Wally West or Barry Allen? is missing, E-2 Superman and E-2 Wonder Woman (although they don't appear to be from E-2) went somewhere else, Mister Miracle could be dead ( I never completely grasped Morrison's Seven Soldiers). Ted Kord, Maxwell Lord, Jade, and the Question all appear to be missing legs and arms as if they didn't phase correctly into the new reality. I am not sure about the other heroes.    
« Last Edit: January 26, 2007, 05:22:35 PM by Michel Weisnor » Logged

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2007, 06:50:36 PM »

Tom Spurgeon had some good comments on his blog today:

* Crying Superman in his various forms has to be the goofy comic book image of the decade, and is battling Jimmy Olsen in a Dress and that beautiful square planet establishing shot in the Bizarro comics for goofiest superhero-related image ever. Crying Superman should have his own comic. Clark Verklempt.

* Given the unpleasant feelings generated by Crying Superman and Supes' general dickweedishness in last summer's movie, is there some sort of strange directive from DC to make us hate Superman now?

* The bodies in the foreground indicate that the events will be driven by or at least reflective of various character deaths. Death is certainly a factor in a lot of art, but mainstream American comic book deaths are strange in that they're portrayed as uniquely tragic occasions in a way that has almost nothing to do with what happens when people you and I know die and are remembered. They're kind of like celebrity deaths, just without the tether that when you look at a celebrity death you know it's a real person and someone out there will genuinely miss them on a more human level. They're a bit like TV character deaths, but with a lot more wallowing and dramatic posing and no closure.

* The dead people represent something strange in historical comic book terms as well. Somehow the treatment of death in these books seems less sophisticated than works from 30 years ago. Sad Nightcrawler pausing in Canada to remember his just-deceased pal in one of the late Claremont/Byrne X-Men is beginning to look like Cordelia in King Lear compared to some of the torn shirt histrionics super-duper comics trade in these days.

http://www.comicsreporter.com/index.php/mainstream_comic_books_are_weird/

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2007, 08:43:07 PM »

http://www.newsarama.com/dcnew/WWIII/bigteaserimage.html

davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2007, 11:07:12 PM »

I dunno about where dead heroes go... like a Valhalla... the characters (as I descern them) are from different realities.  Red Robin and the swashbuckling style Batman are evident of that.  I thought Kyle Rayner was now Ion?  Did he die?
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2007, 11:31:11 PM »

I just remembered, Nightwing is also supposed to be dead. Maybe, Red Robin was meant to die or perhaps he is Nightwing? Huh? 

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L