superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonThe ADVENTURES of SUPERBOY!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:41:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts on Superman I-IV  (Read 3067 times)
Perry White's Accountant
Superman Fan

« on: June 28, 2003, 08:31:42 PM »

Hi folks,
I think all the Superman movies were great (even Superman IV). I liked them all because Superman used his brain and not brawn to beat the bad guy.

However, I have often wondered what would have happened if the villains from the movies had been in more than one movie.

For example, Lex Luthor swallowing his pride and teaming with Ross Webster and co. in Superman III.

Or Nuclear Man going up against General Zod, Non and Ursa.

Or even Nuclear Man going up against the supercomputer in Superman III.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Perry White's Accountant
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 02:03:25 PM »

Hello Chief,

Although I haven't really wondered too much on the idea of teaming up the movie villains, I do have other comments.  But on the part of the teams, I don't think it would've been a good idea for many reasons.  Financial wise:  it would've been a nightmare.  Script wise: too much pepper can ruin the sauce...

Other thoughts though...
The Superman series was one of the very early entries of the type of movies we watch today.  It belongs up there with Star Wars, Terminator, Star Trek and the likes.  Before that, we'd have movies with sequels but nothing big.  James Bond was pretty much the exception.  
With that said, you can realize that Superman was also an experience, having wandered in a category of high class series.  Not only was this experimental but this series outclassed even some who are made today.  Look at Batman and how nothing works - out of four movies nothing seems to hold together...  
Here's where I walk a dangerous path...  I LOVED Chris Reeve in the title role.  The man had everything to be Superman.  Most of the scripts, effects, costumes, ect, were top-notch!  The problem is that there has seemed to be a "fusion" with Reeve & Superman.  When Mr Reeve decided to put his red underwear in the mothballs, Superman altogether retired.  I ask why?  Look at James Bond.  Look at Star Trek.  Star Wars, ect...  I have the utmost respect for Mr Reeve (and even more today) but I think that if the role didn't bring him anything, anymore in his career growth, someone else should've been selected.  After all, this Superman version wasn't necessarily HIS version.  He contributed but others contributed much more.  Writers, architects and hundreds more if not in the thousands.  
Now, today, a new revised version is to be created.  I'm afraid.  I don't want to see a Superman up there, made to sell toys, ect...  Yes, I want him to be marketted but I don't want him to be made solely for these reasons.  I want to see some people who are truly dedicated in putting life into the character do great stuff.  After all, if they don't, nothing will sell.

sfan2003
Superman's Pal

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 08:01:48 PM »

I like all the Superman movies. I most like The first two. I think they were the best. I liked the scene in Superman 3 were Superman and Clark fought I think that was the best scene in the whole movie. Superman 4 was good but it could have been better.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L