superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:23:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great enemies from other comics you'd like to see Superman battle?  (Read 15780 times)
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2007, 05:43:08 AM »

I'd get a severe kick out of a Superman vs. Godzilla book.

Superman tearing through the Supreme Power universe (smacking down Hyperion type stuff) would also be fun.

Speaking of Supreme, I wouldn't mind to see a battle there on that one.

My personal favorite classics are the Cap'n Marvel battles.

I really liked Superman vs. Dr. Doom back in the 2nd Spiderman team up - that was very cool, however, since the 1970 and revitalized late 90's Kirby-verse integration into the Superman mythos, practically any Kirby creation would be a welcome storyline in a Superman team up or book.  They seem to work well together for some reason.

However, Superman team ups with pulp and early 30's guys (Buck Rogers, Shadow, Phantom, Flash Gordon, Doc Savage, et al.) would also be a very welcome series.

Ah, so much potential, so little time and creativity... and soooo much legal-ese.

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2007, 07:03:10 AM »

The real figt will be between Superman and Loki,it's gonna be interesting because in DC universe the real ancient gods are much less powerful than the New Gods...

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 04:55:00 PM »

I'd get a severe kick out of a Superman vs. Godzilla book.

YES! That would be a blast! Personally, I would use the Heisei-era Goji so you could have G-Force present and Superman could mainly interact with Miki. But I'm partial to Miki because the Heisei era is the only time they ever had a reoccuring human character in a Godzilla film series.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2007, 02:41:38 AM »

You're talking about the cute psychic girl that started raising Junior?  Yeah, that'd be neat.  I'd be really partial to the Millenium GMK Goji myself.  The whole "ghosts of Hiroshima" Goji thing would be a very grand scene scape for our MOS, and the type of moral dillema (won't kill him, he's really the unrested spirits of WW2, but need to save Japan) thing that Supes really shines in.

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2007, 02:58:52 AM »

Funny, But I don't think of Godzilla as a villain Wink

Marvel released Essential Godzilla:

Book Description
"You have your fear, which might become reality. And you have Godzilla, which IS reality." -From Godzilla, King of the Monsters (1956) And what a reality it was! For two years, Japan's greatest export was one of Marvel's biggest stars, and the King of the Monsters upheld his title against some of the best and worst the House of Ideas had to offer - including the Fantastic Four, the Avengers, and Nick Fury and the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.! Godzilla shrinks, goes West, travels through time and hosts one of Spider-Man's most gratuitous guest-shots ever! Plus: aliens, mutants, mad Scientists and almost a dozen MORE giant monsters! It's so big, you can't miss it! Collects Godzilla #1-24.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2007, 03:54:55 AM »

Lemme see... giant radioactive lizard tromping though my neighborhood?!?

Just on the principle of my real estate values and my house payment I'd be cheering Superman on to fry 'zilla in a heart-beat. Tongue

Kuuga
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2007, 06:11:51 AM »

Well like Superman, Godzilla has been around for quite a long time and has been handled by different creators. Sometimes a hero, sometimes a wacky monster, sometimes a omnious villan, sometimes he is just himself.

I think Godzilla is best when he is handled like a force of nature. Not really good or evil, he simply IS and you gotta deal with it. So wether he's a villan or a hero really kinda depends on the needs of the story. His existance is a reminder of "the folly of man" (as Blue Oyster Cult put it) yet he does exist and the Earth is home as well so any threat against it is also a threat against him. As I seem to remember a line from one of the more recent put it and I liked it, when a kid asked why Godzilla attacks an old man simply says "..because man burned the Earth. (refering to nuclear experiments) Godzilla remembers, and he will never forget."

You're talking about the cute psychic girl that started raising Junior?  Yeah, that'd be neat.  I'd be really partial to the Millenium GMK Goji myself.  The whole "ghosts of Hiroshima" Goji thing would be a very grand scene scape for our MOS, and the type of moral dillema (won't kill him, he's really the unrested spirits of WW2, but need to save Japan) thing that Supes really shines in.

Yep that's her. She is cute indeed. I couldn't really get behind the whole ghosts of Hiroshima thing in GMK. It kinda seemed like overkill to me, I don't know.

CHO-HENSHIN! KAMEN RAIDA, KUUGA!
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2007, 06:45:45 AM »

I couldn't really get behind the whole ghosts of Hiroshima thing in GMK. It kinda seemed like overkill to me, I don't know.

The whole Millenium Goji thing took some getting used to.  My point wasn't so much the living embodiment of Hiroshima as much as that being one of the best Goji costume mockups I've seen since Goji #1.  This one moved his neck the most and the white eye thing was really cool.  The story would basically be Superman needing to stop Goji because he's up to world menace status.  The ghosts thing would be a little pathos in the background - but add to the epic aspects of it.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L