superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:29:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Extra copy of DVDs 1 and 3 of the 14-DVD R1 Superman Ultimate Collection  (Read 4584 times)
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« on: February 03, 2007, 12:19:41 AM »

I received the 14-disc Superman Ultimate Collection for Christmas.  Mine was part of the batch that had problems with the two discs (non-director's cut of Superman I, Superman III) as discussed here:

http://www.supermancinema.co.uk/daily_planet/dvd2006/2006_disc_issues_qa.asp

I followed the return procedure, sent back my two defective DVDs and got two DVDs that I confirmed to be non-defective (1978 sound -- woohoo!).  The only oddity was that they really munged my last name, surprising as it's pretty hard to munge.  I figure that I'll definitely know if I get any junk mail came because of this.

Then, today, quite unexpectedly, I received another two copies of the same DVDs.  I'm wondering just how many more I'll get sent.  Smiley  Not that I think owning multiple copies of Superman III is something I should necessarily be proud of, but ya gotta love Annette O'Toole and Pamela Stephenson...

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 04:51:37 PM »

Make it 2 extra copies as of yesterday.

Sheesh.
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 04:56:41 PM »

Did you bring enough for everyone?
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 01:27:44 AM »

It seems I'm a-gettin' there... 

I'm almost embarrassed at my good fortune here, as I keep reading in other forums about people having a hard time getting Warner Bros. to send their replacement DVDs out. 

jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 01:42:55 AM »

I sent my Mom flowers for Mother's Day once, and she apparently didn't see them left at the front door, so i called 1-800-FLOWERS just to inquire if it really was delivered, they gave me the number of the local florist who actually did the delivery, and somehow this got interpreted from both places as "Package never received"

so two more came, and Mom, having found the original once I called her, and worrying as the elderly often do, called them to pick up the extra ones , so I wouldn't be charged for all the extras, but this only caused MORE flowers to be delivered.  Somehow she ended up with SEVEN in total and continued to freak out all day that i would get this huge bill.

Needless to say, the next year, i just sent a card.

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 10:44:46 AM »

Apparently, a number of other people have gotten multiple copies as well:

http://thecinemaforums.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5455

Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 07:07:59 PM »

Mxy, you want to get rid of those extras lemme know -- I only have laser discs of 1 & II.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L