superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:17:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the earth-2 chronicles  (Read 8364 times)
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2007, 09:25:39 PM »

... im looking forward to the Superboy/ Teenage Kal-L team up that happend late seventies/ early 80s... its a story that is mentioned suprisingly little since you would think it would be a key turning point for the Earth-2 superman... or is it considered a mopee?

anybody read this one?

I read it because I wanted to add it to the site.  But right now I don't know where my copy of it is; nor do I even remember what I thought of the story!

I wonder if there's enough material to publish a collection of "Superboy/Superboy" team-up tales.  I only know of 3 or 4 stories that would qualify:  There's this story where Superboy and the teenage Earth-2 Kal-L team up; there were at least a couple of issues where the Pocket Universe Superboy and Kon-El joined forces; and there's the final issue of the "Adventures of Superboy" television comic-book, where Superboy collects a team of Superboys from a bunch of different parallel worlds.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 09:35:31 PM by Great Rao » Logged

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2007, 11:55:46 AM »

I didn't know they were doing cross dimensional teams ups early in Supes career. Hey, it's DC so anything's possible!

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2007, 03:30:28 PM »

I didn't know they were doing cross dimensional teams ups early in Supes career. Hey, it's DC so anything's possible!

It was actually in the early 1980's... I think in the Superboy comic as a back up for a few issues...

Wasn't the art by John Calnan?  I recall it was Plastino-ish in a way...
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »

It was actually in the early 1980's... I think in the Superboy comic as a back up for a few issues...

Wasn't the art by John Calnan?  I recall it was Plastino-ish in a way...
[/quote]
I think you misunderstood what I meant. Not when the comic came out but rather the early past of Superman. Anyways I found this link & it looks like they were still trying to keep Earth-ONE Superman as the first Superman and not Earth-TWO Supes. Superboy trains Kal L how to use his powers but he doesn't become Superman until later in life. In a roundabout way that's saying that Kal-EL was first & not Kal-L.

http://www.fosterclub.com/funstuff/fam_fosterKids/superMan.cfm

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
Mighty Man
Superman Fan

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2007, 02:51:28 PM »

"crisis on multiple earths: the team ups" was pretty good , however im looking forward to the Superboy/ Teenage Kal-L team up that happend late seventies/ early 80s... its a story that is mentioned suprisingly little since you would think it would be a key turning point for the Earth-2 superman... or is it considered a mopee?

anybody read this one?

Isn't that the one where Superboy from Earth one come back in time and shows Earth two Clark Kent how to use his powers? Lame-o.
crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2007, 08:19:26 AM »

Isn't that the one where Superboy from Earth one come back in time and shows Earth two Clark Kent how to use his powers? Lame-o.

i still wanna read it,
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2007, 11:03:11 AM »

Earth-2 reminds me of the universe in Wild Cards, in that there was a big super-originating event in the WWII era and everything progressively got a little stranger relative to the reader's Earth (mostly, but not exclusively, because of the fallout of the big event).

By contrast, Earth-1 of necessity is strongly tied to the reader's Earth.   You couldn't have, say, the Quebecois in Canada fork off their own country on Earth-1 or lots of little changes because then it would be hard for many would-be readers to relate to it.

It'd be interesting to see just how divergent a 21st century Earth-2 could get as a result of the emergence of supers in the 1940s, kinda like what Byrne did with Generations but focusing as much on the real-world aspects.

Mighty Man
Superman Fan

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2007, 01:05:47 PM »

i still wanna read it,
If I can dig it up in my miscellaneous comic books I will send it to you.  I remember it was a book that I grabbed and it got abused as a kid but I am sure I have it somewhere. I used the comic book to cut out a Superman chest symbol for my mego doll that lost his.  So on some panel in that book, there is a picture of Superboy with his chest logo cut out.    Grin
Hey, this was before the internet and I had to think of something.   Wink
Its not worth nothing but if you want to read it that is about what the book is worth.  Give me a few days to shift through some old comic boxes. I will PM you.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2007, 01:09:49 PM by Mighty Man » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L