superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:45:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Death of Jimmy?  (Read 11798 times)
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« on: February 20, 2007, 09:16:29 PM »

Wizard, Newsrama, and other sites have confirmed the existance of DC's weekly follow-up to 52. Wizard conducted this interview with Head Writer Paul Dini. This image was included.

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2007, 09:44:57 PM »

That's a pretty good cover, except for the fact that Jimmy's photographs are in the wrong order: assuming they've been spewing out of his camera somehow, the one with the Joker shooting him should be on top, and the one with the Joker noticing him should be on the bottom. (Yeah, yeah, okay, the Joker could have developed them himself and rearranged them after Jimmy's death, but that's not what the cover's trying to say.)

Anyway, I'm not worried. Jimmy will be fine.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 09:58:56 PM »

If this isn't a hoax perpetrated by the Joker or somebody and they actually kill Jimmy, then:

Two Years Later, it is revealed that it wasn't Jimmy who died, it was his clone from the Cadmus Project who only thought that he was Jimmy.  It is also revealed that this imposter has been in place since 1988;

The multiverse is in flux right now and this is the Jimmy Olsen of Earth-4 who died, leaving the real Jimmy alive and well;

Infinite Crisis is really a continual state, so Jimmy will appear next issue with a new origin and backstory;

Jimmy's body is cloned and his brain transplanted into the new body - he then calls himself "Jimmy Olsen, Jr." and masquerades as his own son because instead of having an adult body he's now a young kid.  In memory of his "father," the Daily Planet decides to take him on as an errand boy.  The mystery of "Who is Jimmy's father?" is finally answered - since Jimmy is now his own father;

Jimmy dies and goes to heaven then comes back and has amnesia while he wanders around in a mysterious black outfit and grows out a ponytail.

The good new here is that once they've killed everybody off, there will be no one left to kill.

That's a pretty good cover, except for the fact that Jimmy's photographs are in the wrong order: assuming they've been spewing out of his camera somehow, the one with the Joker shooting him should be on top, and the one with the Joker noticing him should be on the bottom.

Looks to me like Jimmy's finger is holding down the camera shutter button - perhaps the photos are in the correct order and show the Joker walking away after the apparent shooting.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 10:28:23 PM »

Looks to me like Jimmy's finger is holding down the camera shutter button - perhaps the photos are in the correct order and show the Joker walking away after the apparent shooting.

As he was walking away, Great Rao abruptly turned on his heels. "Oh!" he exclaimed. "Yeah, I have one last question, Mister Poimanus." He dug into the pocket of his grubby raincoat and withdrew a scrap of paper bearing some notes in pencil. "It's something that's been bothering me, see? If the guy's taking pictures of the guy who, forgive me, shot him, shouldn't the last one be on top? I mean, the one where you see the blast, uh, the crime in progress?"

Sweat beaded on Permanus' forehead. "Yes, I see what you mean, Detective. Perhaps the perpetrator returned to the scene of the crime and rearranged the photographs?" He eyed his interrogator uneasily.

Rao scratched his forehead. "See, I thought of that, too... But why would a guy do that, you know what I mean? Then I remembered Missus Rao, she's going on this course, see? All of a sudden, she gets it into her head she wants to be a pathologist. Don't ask. So she tells me all about - what's it called? - Igor Morris or something. It's like how the body gets all stiff when it's, you know, I'm sorry to bring this up..."

"Dead, you mean?"

"Well, yes, sir, that's what I meant, sir. So say the fingers go all stiff - I hate to mention this, sir, I know it's a difficult time - and press on the button, and the pictures are actually taken after Mr. Olsen was, bless his soul, shot?"

Permanus relaxed. "Doesn't rigor mortis take some time to set in?"

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 11:14:03 PM »

Ah, but you're ignoring the grin plastered across Jimmy's face.  Obviously he was under the effect of some sort of Joker Paralyzing Agent which caused his entire body to stiffen up.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2007, 12:00:55 AM »

Appears, DC's staff exhausted their last bit of creativity. Another huge mini-series is on the way? Seriously, while post-infinite crisis sales numbers were up, OYL monthly titles gradually declined in sales back to before IC or some even worse. 52 kept an audience but will that audience stay for another 52 weeks? I just wish DC would spend more time beefing up monthlies and allow natural stories to flourish (through these books). Instead, get ready for another weekly super series.

I am curious to see if the industry will stay the course or if this trend will damage comic sales by driving new and old readers away.

Only time will tell.......................52  Cheesy

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2007, 12:17:51 AM »

Comics are not cheap anymore, no one can afford to buy all this crap, and I don't admire those who can and would want to waste their money on something like that.

One Crisis every 20 years is one thing, but every year? With not even a week in between them?

Craziness!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2007, 12:46:26 AM »

Let's do the math...

Each issue cost $2.99, you will have to get 52 issues to get the full story, that's $155.48!!!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L