superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:24:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: X-Ray Vision  (Read 3727 times)
MBE
Superman Fan

« on: March 01, 2007, 02:23:26 PM »

When did Superman first have X-Ray or Telescopic vision? Meaning which story was the first to mention it?
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 12:44:50 AM »

When did Superman first have X-Ray or Telescopic vision? Meaning which story was the first to mention it?

Don't know for sure, but this will give you some clues:
http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Superman#X-Ray_Vision_and_the_Other_Optical_Powers

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MBE
Superman Fan

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 05:06:38 AM »

I actually read this and think it is a very good article. I posted my question here ibecause it is the only power it is vauge on.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 03:38:32 PM »

It was fairly early on.  Accidentally looking at the eyechart in the next room was the excuse for him to not go into WWII.  The Fleischer/Famous-era cartoons had X-Ray Vision in one or two of them, and the beginning credits reflected that.
MBE
Superman Fan

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 04:58:51 AM »

I think by 1940 it was there I just had trouble finding which was the first use of it.
crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2007, 02:01:32 AM »

i just brought superman chronicles 2 (all superman stories in chornlogical order! it claims) and in action comics 18 superman first uses his x ray vision and (super sensitive hearing) to listen in on some crooks, so thats pretty early on (november 1939). it comes across as a plot device really, superman spontaneiously uses a power he has never been shown to have before, just to fill in a few frames... still it was the 30s so whos complaining?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L