superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSuperman Through the Ages!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:04:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: rather technical, dull question about clark kent...  (Read 4313 times)
crispy snax
Superman Family

« on: March 02, 2007, 09:44:48 AM »

this one is quite.... pedantic but how long did Clark kent stay at Metropolis U? im asking because im unfamiliar of the american education system (im english/new zealander myself) and i was just wondering about this odd period for Clark after he became Superman but before the whole cast of DCU characters started clicking into shape!

plz reply and then we can let this sink to the bottom of the pile...
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 03:21:09 PM »

I believe 4 years...
Genis Vell
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 03:40:48 PM »

Nice coincidency, just yesterday I have read a story where Clark meets his old friends of the MU (SUPERMAN #s 350/351).

Captain Marvel - Italian Earth-Prime Superman

...it'll be a job for Superman!
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 04:15:14 AM »

4 years---the usual length of time for undergraduate university studies in the U.S. (to earn a Bachelor's Degree).

Per the comics, Clark went to Metropolis University after graduating from Smallville High at the age of 18, apparently became Superman at around age 20-21 (several different stories telling conflicting versions of how that happened), and graduated at age 22 with a B.A. in journalism (followed shortly by being hired at the Daily Planet)...

Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 05:40:23 AM »

Yes, the US school system is a lot different than other countries and it also differs as well, depending on where you live in the US.

For college, it is normally:

Associate's degree = 2 Years
Bachelor's degree = 4 Years
Master's degree = Depends on the type of Master's and the requirements needed. You need to have a Bachelor's Degree 1st.
Doctorate = Highest level, you need a Master's Degree 1st. Again it depends on the type of Doctorate and the requirements needed.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 09:45:54 AM »

wow i label a subject dull and it gets this many replies! thanks for the info, my mind is at rest..
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 03:12:24 AM »

Some more info about those in-between years:

http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Superboy#Transitional_Years

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L