superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:13:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The most SHOCKING Superman moments?  (Read 11597 times)
carmelo
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 04:43:09 PM »

For me the post crisis Superman , the death of Superman in  90s,and the stupid marriage between Clark and Lois..
dmat
Supermen of America

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2007, 04:20:19 AM »

Seeing the end of the Emperor Joker storyline, where Supes basically has his heart ripped out was a shocking moment for me.  The fact he was still alive and kicking probably lessened it a bit though.  I can still picture him hugging the sun for survival.

Oddly enough, his early 90s death wasn't a big deal for me.  After the death of Robin in 1988, it just smacked of another marketing ploy, and you knew he'd be back.  Similarly with his killing the 3 kryptonians, the shock just wasn't there as I saw it before in Superman II as a younger kid.  I guess they were more WTF moments for me.  Right up there with finding out Clark was actually Gangbuster for a time due to amnesia.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L