superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:08:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supermanica still exist!  (Read 4557 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: March 04, 2007, 12:35:18 AM »

Things have been super slow over at the Supermanica, just wanted to remind everyone that it still exist and still needs your help by adding to the entries that we have and creating new ones for all the things which haven't be included thus far.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 01:37:06 AM »

And if anyone wants to get their own copy of "The Great Superman Book" to help out, prices on the first edition seem to have dropped considerably.  Amazon has them for $14.99:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0446874949/theamalgamatronA/

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 03:17:30 AM »

Not to mention the showcase edition of Superman Family --most those Jimmy Olsen adventures and characters have not been referenced in Supermanica....

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 09:35:13 PM »

I feel bad, its been many months since I added anything.  Though I must admit that I came to an end of comics that I had.  I added a lot of Bronze Age stories but that's not a strength of mine.

One thing I want to say is that I really enjoyed working on it, and I learned a lot about 1970s Superman that I didn't know before ( I still don't love the Maggin/Bates Superman but I know him better!).  I still link to the Supermanica all the time, especially on one board that talks about the animated Legion cartoon and where most of the fans were born around 1990.  Grin
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 09:54:38 PM »

I'd love to add something to it, it's just that every time I think of something I find it's already there, and written with far greater authority than I could ever have mustered...

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 10:36:30 PM »

I'd love to add something to it, it's just that every time I think of something I find it's already there, and written with far greater authority than I could ever have mustered...

Think harder Wink

Seriously, even if the character is already there, perhaps a story that you have is not covered, then you can add those details to the entry.

Heck, even if you have a nice picture of a character that doesn't have a picture, you could at least add that.

Anything would be welcome and that goes for everyone.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 10:40:41 PM »

One thing that can always use doing is filling in links with no entries, even if they are simple like "home planet of" with maybe one more detail and a reference.

I did add an image and correct a link today, its been so long that I forgot the Wiki formatting for a bit there. Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L