superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:04:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Supes vs Cap  (Read 10258 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« on: March 05, 2007, 05:22:53 PM »

From the wild and woolly blogosphere, a comparison of classic Superman and Capt Marvel covers with striking similarities.  Lots of fun:

http://badsimian.blogspot.com/2007/03/okay-seriously-whos-better-at.html

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 05:37:47 PM »

On the subject of superheroes saving Santa...

You know, it's funny, the only fake TV show parodies that I've ever desperately, truly wanted to exist in reality are Christmas specials: for instance, the KISS SAVES CHRISTMAS skit from FAMILY GUY.

"Baby eagles...can't take the sound of guitars!"

Incidentally, I just got a KISS toothbrush, which plays music when pressure is applied to the bristles. It may be the coolest thing I own.

Then there was the Lee Majors thing from SCROOGED where he goes about killing Ninjas that have taken over Santa's workshop with a machine gun. I'd sure as hell buy that.

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 09:19:54 PM »

You know, it's funny, the only fake TV show parodies that I've ever desperately, truly wanted to exist in reality are Christmas specials: for instance, the KISS SAVES CHRISTMAS skit from FAMILY GUY.
Many of the parodies from UHF would be worth making into TV shows.  Stanley Spadowski's Clubhouse is the kind of kids carnival TV show I wish I had.

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 11:56:08 PM »

What they forgot to mention on the "Captain Marvel becomes a petrophile" cover is that he's studying different kinds of Kryptonite. Also, why does Superman need a magnifying glass?

Petrophile. I'm definitely making that my new insult de choix.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 01:00:19 AM »

Ok, Cap may be a petrophile, but what about Commissioner Gordon's taste in shoes here? :

http://bat.mulu.nu/autobiography/?page=2
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 01:09:19 AM »

Frankly, I think the blogosphere is ignoring the important questions, like "Who got fatter: Perry Mason, or Scotty from STAR TREK?"

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 01:14:48 AM »

Frankly, I think the blogosphere is ignoring the important questions, like "Who got fatter: Perry Mason, or Scotty from STAR TREK?"

Al Gore...

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 01:35:20 AM »

Al Gore...

Hey, leave Gor-El alone.

On a serious note, I can't get over how colorful and gorgeous Captain Marvel comics were drawn, inked, and colored. Hats off to C.C. Beck and Fawcett.

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L