superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:18:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Earth Two Superman really dead?  (Read 30719 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2007, 05:49:13 PM »

E-2 Superman will return to New Earth because that's where he was buried.

Remember Kal-L, Lois Lane, and Power Girl are missing on E-2.

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/004448/earth2.jpg

The Countdown continues...  Shocked Roll Eyes Cheesy

I know it's a weekly book and all, but that artwork is really crappy.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2007, 09:24:44 PM »

E-2 Superman will return to New Earth because that's where he was buried.

Remember Kal-L, Lois Lane, and Power Girl are missing on E-2.

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/004448/earth2.jpg

The Countdown continues...  Shocked Roll Eyes Cheesy

...and they're presumably "missing" since two of 'em are dead and buried on New Earth? Unless there's *two* "Earth-2 Supermen/Power Girls/Loises"...the familiar pre-Crisis one and some current new-multiverse one; if not, don't see why upon returning to the land of the living Kal-L wouldn't head for "home" vs. staying in a reality that already has a Superman...

carmelo
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2007, 03:27:08 AM »

But now earth-2 is back,so why E-2 Superman and Power girl do not return to home? And in my opinion have two Superman on New Earth is not a good thing.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2007, 04:26:01 AM »

Wild costumes.  Was any sort of reason given for the changes?  Or have the costumes just "always been that way"?  The strangest to my eyes is how Alan Scott's violet has become blue.  It may just be a coloring error, but it looks incredibly different and less mystic.  The black Flash outfit is pretty cool, though.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2007, 07:50:06 AM »

Is that Al Pratt behind Huntress?
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2007, 12:54:56 PM »

Great Rao asks:

Wild costumes.  Was any sort of reason given for the changes?  Or have the costumes just "always been that way"?  The strangest to my eyes is how Alan Scott's violet has become blue.  It may just be a coloring error, but it looks incredibly different and less mystic.  The black Flash outfit is pretty cool, though.

My understanding is that this is NOT the "Earth-2" of old, ie: the Pre-Crisis version.  This is an Earth-2 where a JSA has been in operation since the 40s and there is no JLA, yes, but it's not the one we knew.  Similarly, there are worlds like the old Earth-C (Charlton), Earth-S (Fawcett) and Earth-X (Swastika), but they are new creations that DC will eventually get around to showcasing...and it won't be a case of "going home again."

The current Multiverse is newly created and unexplored.  It's not the old Multiverse revived. At least that's my take on it.

So that GL in blue and Flash in black are not only not "old school" Alan and Jay, they may not even be guys named Alan and Jay.  Time will tell.  (And I'm counting on you guys to read the books and fill me in  Cheesy).

This looks like a job for...
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2007, 01:28:46 PM »

Great Rao asks:
My understanding is that this is NOT the "Earth-2" of old, ie: the Pre-Crisis version.  This is an Earth-2 where a JSA has been in operation since the 40s and there is no JLA, yes, but it's not the one we knew.  Similarly, there are worlds like the old Earth-C (Charlton), Earth-S (Fawcett) and Earth-X (Swastika), but they are new creations that DC will eventually get around to showcasing...and it won't be a case of "going home again."

Charlton's Earth pre-Crisis was "Earth-4"; Earth-C, of course, was the home of Capt. Carrot and the Zoo Crew (along with apparently various old DC "funny animal" comics). ;-)

JRJ123
Superman's Pal

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2007, 01:16:39 PM »

Crispy Snax, I don't want him to be a Silver Surfer rip-off because as you quite rightly said, he should remain his own character. Maybe I didn't word myself particularly well, or maybe I didn't think about what I was saying. I was just trying to suggest a way for us to keep seeing Earth 2 Superman without seeing him subjected to countless resurrections.

I have something to announce... I'm fat. There, I said it, now it's nobody's fault...Meg.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L