superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:21:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Superman and leadership...  (Read 4375 times)
Kronicpimp
Superman Fan

« on: March 08, 2007, 07:00:24 PM »

I want to evaluate (and witness some opinions) in regards to Superman's leadership qualities.

Here is a thread posted at CBR in regards to Superman and leadership, especially compared to another character:

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/showthread.php?t=165967

I was wondering if any of you agree with the posts in the thread? Which post do you agree/not agree with, and why?

Also, I'm going to quote the original post and post it here:

Who is the better leader (Between Cap and Supes)? Second, is there a better superhero leader than both choices? List the detailed reasons (as well as some examples) for your choice and also list why you think one is better and more qualified than the other. What are the things that hurts the other choice(s)? Be specific.

What are your answers to these questions and what are your reasons/examples?
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 07:37:50 PM »

Most of us chimed in on this subject in an earlier thread a little over one year ago:

http://superman.nu/smf/index.php?topic=2201.0

BTW, finding that thread was my first use of the "Search" feature here. It works great!  Smiley

This looks like a job for...
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 03:44:22 AM »

What's notable about the CBR thread is that it's so largely about "leading superhero teams".  I'd definitely take Superman over Captain America for, say, leading the free world (though it'd be difficult for him to balance with his job as a reporter Smiley ).
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 09:00:30 AM »

I like how the last time we discussed this, we ended up talking about Zatanna's costume.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 11:30:47 AM »

I prefer the fishnets but think she would be a good leader regardless, as long a she remembered to speak forwards when giving commands.

In reference to the topic at hand, I remember a voiceover from Miller and Mazzuchelli's Daredevil run where DD says Cap has "a voice that could command a god". 

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 11:57:02 AM »

I prefer the fishnets but think she would be a good leader regardless, as long a she remembered to speak forwards when giving commands.

In reference to the topic at hand, I remember a voiceover from Miller and Mazzuchelli's Daredevil run where DD says Cap has "a voice that could command a god". 

"... And does", as Thor obediently does Cap's bidding.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2007, 12:07:59 PM »

...using his awe-inspiring magic god powers to put out a small fire in the Bronx.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L