superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:57:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman/Doomsday DVD 9.18.2007  (Read 32572 times)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2007, 07:10:27 AM »

deed... eed... eed... eed...

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2007, 04:44:52 AM »

Saw it...Loved it..I just wished the fight with Doomsday was a little bit longer & bloodier but the Supes/evil doppleganger fight was pretty good.

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
Sword of Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2007, 10:20:49 PM »

Just finished to see,good movie and great animation,but one of the things that i like it most were the trophies on the Fortress of Solitude taken from the previous animated series like the robot from The Mechanical Monster or the Bulleteer car from the Fleischer series or the spaceship from TAS.

"Since we didn't want to use our science on your world, Shayera and I decided we would fight Earth-crime with Earth-weapons. She always found it amusing that I felt so comfortable with them" - Katar Hol
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2007, 11:45:43 PM »

Nice tough, right?

maggiethecat
Superman Fan

« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2007, 11:49:43 PM »

Saw it... don't know.  Can't get over the lines in his face.  Why did they bring those back? The only thing that is worse than the lines suggesting his cheekbones begin only an inch below his eye sockets, is the Jay Leno chin. 

I do agree that the Doomsday fight was a bit disappointing! I somehow expected more.  Lois must have "super" vision to have seen exactly on which street the gun landed... 

Did I misunderstand something, or did Superman grow his hair out in a little over a month?? How often does he go to the barber when he is not in a "coma-like state?"

All in all, I am glad I had someone ship it over to Europe for me... but that chin... Huh? 

Still, I am happy.
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2007, 12:02:00 AM »

Saw it... don't know.  Can't get over the lines in his face.  Why did they bring those back? The only thing that is worse than the lines suggesting his cheekbones begin only an inch below his eye sockets, is the Jay Leno chin.
He looks like a discoid lupus victim.  And yes, the chins seem off. 

I just finally saw it today -- Netflix had it on "very long wait" until now.  I'm still absorbing how I feel about many aspects of it. 
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2007, 07:05:20 PM »

Some of the character redesigns I like.  Jimmy without a mullet has appeal.  Lois and Luthor are appealing.  Some of the character redesigns I don't.  Superman's too cheeky, and Ma Kent and Mercy Graves are all wrong.  The Toyman was a slim cross between the Simpsons comic-book guy and Tim Burton's Penguin -- not as creepy as S:TAS Toyman, but interesting.

The voices are interesting.   They're certainly not "better" than the initial S:TAS lineup --  someone has to do a lot to top Clancy Brown or Dana Delany -- but they're worthy follow-ups in a way that Powers Boothe and Lance Henriksen weren't.  I get the impression that the dialogue was just a little off...  there were a few Superman lines that were written without much thought to the idea that Adam Baldwin (or anyone else) would actually ever really speak them.

The story is so-so, but considering the source material (which is the subject of a very nice documentary on the DVD), it's not anything worse than that.  Dumbsday is his usual slugfest self.  The Lex Luthor stuff was good, but it would've been tighter if they had the Superman clone turn into Bizarro OR if they just ditched that whole idea and say that Doomsday lived through the first slug fest, owing to Luthor's attempts to weaponize him.  Heck, a fight with Superman taking a sun dip to recover and unexpectedly overboost his powers, then using his overcharged power and his head to take on a bunch of Luthor's out-of-control Doomsday clones and throw them into some black hole...  THAT could've rocked!
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2007, 02:24:41 PM »

Superman/Doomsday tidbit

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Superman-Animated-Series-Hi-Def-Doomsday/8342

Darwyn Cooke's: New Frontier Official Statement DVD/HDDVD/Blu-Ray

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Justice-League-New-Frontier-Release-Date/8343

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_-Hb_d5Qnts

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: