superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSuperman Through the Ages!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:03:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: most ridculous aspect of weisenger era superman?  (Read 24784 times)
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #40 on: March 23, 2007, 11:30:37 AM »

wait....Jimmy Olsen knows the dynamic duo's identities, but not Supes?Huh?

Even in the frequently wacky "Weisingerverse" I always thought this was extremely far-fetched.

Batman and Robin tell Jimmy Olsen their secret identities, but otherwise not even their closest friends, including Commissioner Gordon?

Yeah, right.

I think Edmond Hamilton, in the pages of World's Finest Comics in the mid-1960s came up with this dumb idea.

Much as I greatly admire Hamilton as probably the greatest Superman (and better than average Batman and Legion author) writer of the 1950s and 1960s - he wrote a high proportion of the best Superman stories of this era, in my opinion - I think this is one of his few failings.

I can't recall any post-1970 story where Jimmy displayed this knowledge, so the idea may have been quietly dropped ...
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #41 on: March 23, 2007, 12:13:17 PM »

I can.

The Superfriends comic.

Jimmy used the knowledge of Batman and Robin's ID to help the Superfriends defeat Felix Faust.
crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #42 on: March 23, 2007, 10:08:52 PM »

i think supermonkeys got the bright idea, jimmy learnt it while he was in the phantom zone...

sure he  acts all high and mighty in the end of the story, but he isnt above learning OTHER HEROES identites even though it "might be tortured out of him"

jeez, jimmy olsen, what a hypocrite
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #43 on: March 24, 2007, 01:01:18 AM »

i think supermonkeys got the bright idea, jimmy learnt it while he was in the phantom zone...

sure he  acts all high and mighty in the end of the story, but he isnt above learning OTHER HEROES identites even though it "might be tortured out of him"

jeez, jimmy olsen, what a hypocrite

I think you kind of miss the point of that story, poor Jimmy was being serious! But of course no one ever takes Jimmy seriously Sad Wink

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Lee Semmens
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #44 on: March 25, 2007, 01:14:24 PM »

I can.

The Superfriends comic.

Jimmy used the knowledge of Batman and Robin's ID to help the Superfriends defeat Felix Faust.

I have long thought that the Super Friends is about as non-canonical in relation to the regular DC Universe as you can get ...
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #45 on: March 25, 2007, 02:56:10 PM »

and just when I was gonna nominate the series for canonization in Supermanica! Party pooper!
 Wink

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #46 on: March 25, 2007, 03:42:51 PM »

I can.

The Superfriends comic.

I have long thought that the Super Friends is about as non-canonical in relation to the regular DC Universe as you can get ...

yes and no, it did introduce those cool international heroes The Global Guardians, which were actually brought into continuity in this issue:

http://comics.org/details.lasso?id=36402

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Guardians

and here:
http://www.mykey3000.com/cosmicteams/cosmic/globalguardians.html

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L