superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:14:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The many times that Clark said goodby to Superman.  (Read 15919 times)
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2007, 05:34:33 PM »

Swan must have drawn some....?

Anyone here deal with the comics.org folks?  It might be worthwhile to broaden the searching possiblities so one could search by cover credits, or see if we could get a data dump? 

BTW, http://www.comicbookradioshow.com/swancover.html is a great read.

Continental Op
Superman Family

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2007, 01:51:09 PM »

Now that I think of it, he DID draw the covers for the final 2-parter, "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?", of course. But those were kind of an exception, being as much a "Swan song" for Swan's particular style of art as they were for a particular style of Superman...
ProfPotter
Supermen of America

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 10:50:16 PM »

Curt Swan hardly EVER drew covers after Mort Weisinger retired as editor of the Superman titles .... in fact, I can't think offhand of a SINGLE one he drew.

Swan did do quite a few after Weisinger.  Just in the Superman title itself, he did 239, 244, 245, 246, 247, 289, 304, and 314 (signed), plus the one you noted.  But he certainly was not the regular cover artist.
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2007, 01:50:46 AM »

I think the current superman comic needs an old fashioned Clark Kent/Superman split again. (where superman and clark become two seperate people and can meet, like the time he fought atomic skull or like when he fought the venturians both in DC comics presents)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2007, 08:37:14 AM »

I agree; I always like those stories for some reason.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 01:45:52 AM »

I think it could clear up the differences between Supes and Clark and also show why its needed.

My story idea. a race of intergalactic robotic psychartrist come to earth and seperate Superman from Clark Kent (for some reason). that seems like a fairly fleshed out idea Tongue
Kinggunman
Superman Fan

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2007, 10:08:23 PM »

Are there people that would think that the art on the "Man of Steel" cover is better?  Its not good, the right forearm on Clark does not follow the anatomy of how the radius/ulna and muscles work, and the wrinkles on the suit should actually be "V"s directed upward toward the left hand  holding it at the highest point rather than downward.

Sorry to be off topic... Cool

I do not belive I have met a more picky person!

Destiny is a load of crap, created by weak people who are to afraid to take control of their own lives.-me
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 11:35:14 PM »

I usually only point that stuff out because I have no belief that many modern artists actually can draw as well as many of their forebearers. Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L