superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:48:10 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Re-colored pages  (Read 15782 times)
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« on: March 18, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »

So will all the earlier pages be re-colored by Sarge?

it is a darker more "noir" look.
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 11:56:00 PM »

According to the schedule, yes.

http://superman.nu/k-metal-from-krypton/credits.php
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 12:05:50 AM »

Thanks, I hadn't checked that page in a while.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 03:43:53 AM »

Perhaps a few people have noticed that it's been a while since any K-Metal updates have been posted.

Contrary to appearances, we have actually been working on the project.  The artwork for pages 12 through 15 is complete.  However, Sarge has been spending his time recoloring all of the old pages.  We've used this as an opportunity to also go back and touch up the artwork in a few spots - the most noticeable change has been to page one, which Angel has completely re-inked.  We've been replacing the online versions of these pages one by one as we progress through them.  So far we've redone the prologue, the cover, pages 1-3, 5, 7, and 11.  There will also be new versions of pages 4, 6, and 8-10.   I think the changes we're making are resulting in a much better comic.

At this point there are only two pages left to recolor (4 and 6), and we'll also be making some minor color adjustments to a few pages.

Then we'll finally go live with page 12.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 11:17:59 PM »

I love the new colors!

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2007, 09:03:59 PM »

We just went live with Sarge's re-colored version of page 4.  This completes all the re-colorings.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2007, 11:10:50 PM »

Like the art deco sculpture above the museum entrance...
Criadoman
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 03:34:47 AM »

Thanks man!  I've been a little sneaky though - I made a whole bunch of little subtle changes in a lot of the 1st pages we put up.  Let's see who can guess what's different.

I'll give a few hints...
Page 3 - Lois looks a little less Amazon-y (boy did I hate my original screw up),
Page 4 - There's 2 changes,
Page 6 - There's 4 panels worth of subtle changes (or not so subtle).

tee hee...

"If I print "She was stark naked"--& then proceeded to describe her person in detail, what critic would not howl?--but the artist does this & all ages gather around & look & talk & point." - Mark Twain
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L