superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 02:20:41 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Only one Zod has existed in New Earth continuity  (Read 9169 times)
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 04:15:23 PM »

aw check you nightwing, looking for sense in modern comics...

still i think it does have an effect on the timeline, it brings back the ol' zero hour paradox... let me explain as i understand,

if superman never went to the pocket universe, then he never gets ridden with guilt and never exiles himself to outer space, which means he never meets mongul or finds the eradicator, which means the eradicator isnt on earth to create the cyborg superman, and also the eradicator isnt there to ressurect superman after being killed battling doomsday. and since cyborg superman isnt created and mongul isnt aware of earth (i dont think) then coast city is never destroyed, and Hal Jordan never becomes Parallax, so the zero hour crisis doesnt happen!

and of course, due to the amount of times superman has saved earth, the earth will probably be smoooshed

Time is broken...52  Cheesy

I'm going to step away from current DC until the Crisis dust settles. A six or seven year crossover event is a little taxing on the wallet as well as the reader's geekiness. 

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 12:50:18 AM »

I hope the other Zods never happen, This new Zod is a cross between the Pre-Crisis version and the Movie version, which are the two best versions.

Read this to see what I mean:

http://superman.nu/tales2/chronicles/1/

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2007, 09:32:17 AM »

No Pocket Universe also means no Matrix Supergirl, since she was created by the "good" Pocket Universe Lex Luthor after the disappearance of Superboy.  This also unravels Peter David's "Supergirl" series, since Matrix merges with Linda Danvers.

While some fans might prefer Matrix and Linda to be consigned to DC oblivion, one should recall that in "Many Happy Returns" Linda saved the young Kara Zor-El and reluctantly returned her to Kara's proper time.  Also, the current Kara Zor-El has already acknowledged that there were prior Supergirls before her.

DTO
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2007, 04:59:17 PM »

Given that one big impetus of the PAD Supergirl origin was to get rid of Matrix Supergirl and PAD Supergirl's relative lack of ties to overall Superman mythos, I doubt that's such a big deal.  Maybe who PAD Supergirl thought she merged with was Matrix Supergirl but it was really a White Martian.  Smiley

crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2007, 10:49:02 AM »

or maybes the matrix was an experimental piece of kryptonian technology? if we are getting back to our silver age roots theres one lil inning

or since matrix was invented by an alternate version of luthor, and mainstream luthor is back to being a genius... then why not have mainstream luthor make her?
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 01:56:17 AM »

I wonder if phantom zoners go around and watch people taking showers and being naked Huh?? pervs.

I generally dislike having someone's favorite stories elminated but frankly these other "zods" never did much for me so I can't really care to much if they get rid of them
Rugal 3:16
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 11:28:02 AM »

I wonder why Byrne's Super-killer arc was never retconned in Zero Hour??

But this undoes a LOT of things

No pocket Universe means no Super-killing

No super-killing means no Exile story arc

No exile means no Eradicator

No Eradicator means no "Death of Superman" (could be a good thing though)

No Death of Superman means no Steel (Johh Henry Irons)

And Steel is still in 52..

And Superboy (Clone) is still remembered

Which means the origins of these three (and Doomsday and Cyborg) would have to be retconned altogether.

Otenami Haiken to iko ka
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L