superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Maybe there shouldn't be another Superman film  (Read 9567 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2003, 08:23:15 AM »

well, here is

Josh "Beady Eyes" Hartnett

ok, So who would you pick as the perfect Superman?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
lastkryptonianhere
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2003, 04:18:57 PM »

Quote from: "Super Monkey"
ok, So who would you pick as the perfect Superman?

any male with a hot red head

"Look Up In The Sky ..."
Kal-El10
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2003, 02:11:27 AM »

It wasn't looks that cause me to reject Kutcher, its talent or lack thereof. That may be unfair as I never thought Matt LeBlanc could play anything but a dunce but he wasn't bad as Don West in the mediocre LIS movie. I think Frasier has the range to play Clark abd Superman as different people.

When you come down to it looks are the least important. Other than dark hair there aren't that many similarities between Kirk Alyn, George Reeves, Christopher Reeve, Dean Cain & Tom Welling.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2003, 03:06:42 AM »

Well they have classic features -almost greco-roman in nature  something the afore mentioned candidates have none of.
Skykisser
Superman Fan

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2003, 01:04:15 AM »

In mine and many other's opinion the Christopher Reeve version will be the one and only forever greatest Superman movie of all time.But I think theres always a chance they could sign up a good new man-of-steel and then with a great solid fresh storyline maybe.....just maybe they could pull it off.I'm praying they do!
Brainiac44
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2004, 03:24:28 PM »

Superman: the movie - my first love??? LOL!  Very true.  I've seen it originally as it came out in the theater.  You gotta remember though that some other folks' first love was the Adventures of Superman with Mr George Reeves.  These people when they heard of a young guy called Chris Reeve taking the role may have said the same...  To say that Superman: the movie cannot be surpassed gives sense to the phrase "never say never"...  Who's to say that the 100 metre race record can never be beaten?  I saw Superman: the movie, it's the greatest, fine.  If another movie is made, then I'll judge.  
My grief with a future movie is what's beneath the movie.  I'm afraid that the movie will be made for the sole purpose of marketting.  
Take movie scores...  They used to be made to set a mood for a movie.  Now, movie scores are made to be sold as an item.  So, what are we to think?  Is a movie score for a movie or it's only a by-product?
So, I just say this: beware of the over-exploitation.

blitzschlange
Superman Fan

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2004, 02:50:27 AM »

I am a HUGE fan of the Reeve movies (well, the first two), but I wouldn't be averse to a new one.    I loved the 'Superboy' TV show, and even like 'Lois & Clark' at first, so I'm okay with other interpretations.  However, I see no need for a new origin story, as it's been done, already.  I think Superman movies could just accept the origin as established and go from there.    I also would like to see a slightly older Superman, maybe not such youngsters being considered for the role.  I think this quirk of mine is just because of George Reeves.   Brendan Frasier might be okay, though.  Not the Howdy Doody looking guy, Hartnett.  He looks like Jimmy Olsen to me.  I do think that with today's special effects, a Superman movie could really blow people away.  However, the  Smallville series being so popular now makes me think a new movie would really hurt the franchise in the eyes of the general public.  I mean, if it's a flop, the show suffers, and if it's a hit, the show suffers, and why mess with a cash cow?  I would actually like to see a big-budget Shazam! flick instead, just because there are no real expectations to live up to.   At this point, I'm hoping for no new movies about Superman for a few years, at least.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L