superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 02:03:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TPD/graphic novel that includes Superman Blue/Red?  (Read 4784 times)
faunablues
Superman Fan

« on: April 12, 2007, 08:38:19 PM »

Does anyone know if there's a  TPB or graphic novel of the Superman Blue, Superman Red thing from the 90s?
If they're just sold as individual comics, anyone know what numbers these are and where I can get them?

And... when Superman revealed his identity to Lois (not sure if it was 90s or 80s, but it was Action Comics 662 where it actually happens, but there are surrounding issues about the same thing). Is this included in any book?

While we're at it, anyone got any TPB/graphic novel recommendations for the 90s or 00s?

Thanks =)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 01:41:21 AM »

I don't think so, it was one of the most disliked story lines by both old and new fans so I don't think DC will ever reprint those.

You can read the original here:
http://superman.nu/tales2/redblue/

As far as good modern Superman comics goes...

I am not the biggest fan of the modern Superman comics, but here are some good ones:

All Star Superman, Vol. 1
Superman: Red Son
Superman: Secret Identity
Superman for All Seasons
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 04:40:09 AM by Super Monkey » Logged

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 01:52:38 AM »

It was reprinted in the original Greatest Superman Stories Ever Told way back in 1987. It was the first collected edition I ever purchased and even then it was dumb luck I was able to find it because that was ten years ago. I don't know that you would be able to find it today, Barnes & Noble doesn't have any in stock on their web site, but you could still try there. I don't know where else you could look. 
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 02:34:34 AM »

http://www.dcdatabaseproject.com/Millenium_Giants
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 03:58:15 AM »

OOPS! I didn't read all of it, I didn't know you meant the one from the 90's! Superman Transformed tells the story of how he got his electric powers and there is one other that I can't remember the name of.

As for good ninties stories, you could try to find the Superboy "Hypertime" saga, but I don't think it's in TPB. It has a cameo by the Silver Age Superboy. Some of theElseworlds are pretty good like Red Son or my favorite is the Generations series.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 05:06:33 AM »

Pretty much everything between Man of Steel and Superman Transformed has been collected into TPBs.  But I think with Millenium Giants, DC stopped collecting the stories.

Then there's a gap until they started up again when Jeph Loeb came on board.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L