superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "SONG OF THE EARTH!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 11:26:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman Comics Continuity “Post-Infinite Crisis”  (Read 8725 times)
NotSuper
Action Ace

« on: April 18, 2007, 10:24:44 AM »

I think EVERY Superman fan will want to read this: Superman's History "Post-Infinite Crisis"

Many people want others to accept their opinions as fact. If enough people accept them as fact then it gives the initial person or persons a feeling of power. This is why people will constantly talk about something they hate—they want others to feel the same way. It matters to them that others perceive things the same way that they do.
crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2007, 10:52:11 AM »

ahhh so thats wots its like den..

it has apoint aobut the soft reboot thing, while characters like superman and wonder woman were completely written over, other characters like green lantern and flash hardly changed at all! (intil they, u know died)

still i guess that means the continuity will be clearing up in about ooh five years or so...

of course by then there will be a fifty year gap between the JSA disbanding and the silver age... but the new earth 2 concept will fix that
i think
maybe

okay so i havent been reading much post-ic stuff....
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2007, 04:14:09 AM »

I think Superman Homepage is letting Busiek and DC off the hook a little too easily, Busiek and DC aren't stupid, they know what fans want to know and it sounds like they are just trying to skirt the issue. I don't like this idea of "You'll find it all out later", it sounds like their trying to avoid something. I don't think it's unreasonable to want to know Superman's new backstory. For one thing, how long is this new backstory going to take to fill in? It could be years before we know his full history, and I'm not just talking about how his powers developed, I'm talking about which stories still count and which ones don't.   
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2007, 07:47:58 AM »

I'm getting that pain between my eyebrows again.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Superman Forever
Superman Family

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2007, 12:19:31 PM »

I think it's too soon after Birthright to launch another origin story maxiseries. Also, I agree that they may even leave the books before answer theses questions of what is in continuity and what is not. Bu the confirmation is there: Iron Age continuity is gone for good, so we shoud be happy, right?

On the other hand, with Smallville TV series we have a new kind of Superman fanbase inspired on Iron Age with evil Krypton, Clark Kent killing kryptonian villains and so on on the mass media. Can we expect a ressurface of this in comics twenty years from now?
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2007, 03:22:58 PM »

Well, let's thank DC for the "simplified universe" Roll Eyes that made the Crisis's necessary....
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2007, 03:56:10 PM »

Dan Didio enjoys Year One minis.  Wink

You cannot expect, when "time is broken", for continuity questions to be answered. Since, most likely, the writers don't even know the answers yet! Post-IC Superman will be replaced by Post-Countdown-Post-Next Event Superman. So, sit back and watch the story unfold for another two years. 

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2007, 04:01:49 PM »

I think Superman Homepage is letting Busiek and DC off the hook a little too easily, Busiek and DC aren't stupid, they know what fans want to know and it sounds like they are just trying to skirt the issue. I don't like this idea of "You'll find it all out later", it sounds like their trying to avoid something.
They -are- trying to avoid something -- having to totally reinvent the past all at once just to be able to tell new stories.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L