superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonSuperman Through the Ages!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 04:36:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Heroes, starring Adrian Veidt  (Read 7661 times)
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 12:06:29 AM »

This is what I hear --but don't you find it deriviative?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 12:09:31 AM »

52 has everyone confuse Wink

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 01:38:41 AM »

This is what I hear --but don't you find it deriviative?

Not really. Do you find Superman deriviative because of the elements Siegel and Shuster borrowed from the pulp magazines and Wylie's Gladiator?

I love the show. This is how a live-action "Superhero" drama should be done: with good writing, acting, special effects, etc.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 08:49:54 AM »

I think it's a good show even if it is derivative. The story is nothing us comics buffs haven't seen before, but as DBN says, it's quite well-written and the acting is above par and it's very strong on characterisation. You probably won't regret buying the DVD set.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 08:56:07 AM »

Well, I was thinking more of renting the dvd but I will take it under advisement.  I can't imagine actually buying any dvd of a current tv show.  Old 60s shows, sure, but current shows?  Do I really want to rewatch (or listen to as I work on the computer) contemporary shows?

When I think about it, I have been imagining buying the Venture Bros.  So maybe Heroes or Battlestar or Dr.Who would be worthwhile?  Maybe I will enjoy the extras and Easter eggs for decades to come....

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 11:30:53 AM »

Certainly worth renting if you've got a long weekend and nothing else planned, or you can find it online (which is of course completely illegal and deprives NBC of advertising revenue, but for some mysterious reason this doesn't keep me awake at night).

There aren't many shows I like so much that I'd want them on DVD, but like you, most of them would be from the 50s/60s - The Prisoner and Danger Man come to mind! Oh, and I keep meaning to get the full set of the 1990s drama House of Cards. Maybe I'll do that today.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2007, 12:58:28 PM »

Well, I was thinking more of renting the dvd but I will take it under advisement.  I can't imagine actually buying any dvd of a current tv show.  Old 60s shows, sure, but current shows?  Do I really want to rewatch (or listen to as I work on the computer) contemporary shows?

I usually buy new shows on DVD because I don't actually watch TV, except for comedy shows. Then I resell them on Amazon.com

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L