superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:34:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Secret of 52 Revealed! Update  (Read 26215 times)
DoctorZero
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2007, 11:29:46 PM »

I would agree, the DC Universe "New Earth" is now clutter Earth, with all the characters residing there.

dto
Action Ace

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2007, 05:39:23 AM »

Earth-17 is a weird medieval post-apocalyptic world with armored knights riding albino mutant horses.

Those are the original Atomic Knights, from the "Strange Adventures" series.  And those "mutant horses" are actually giant Dalmations.   Wink  Originally the Knights were survivors of "The Great Atomic War of 1986", but the global catastrophe was later vaguely described as "The Great Disaster".  Kamandi's adventures were also retconned as part of this world.  See:  http://www.toonopedia.com/atomic_k.htm

DTO
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2007, 06:55:13 AM »

Booster Gold series sounds promising. I guess Dan Jurgans is revisting his ACCESS character from the Marvel vs. DC series with Booster's new crossing time & dimension thing. Wink

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2007, 01:40:17 PM »

Superman of America writes:

Let's go crazy!

Too late.

So it turns out not only can Superboy-Prime change the fabric of reality by punching a wall, but Mr Mind can actually EAT time.

I guess the modern fan-boys are happy that "Silver Age silliness" is a thing of the past.  Cheesy

Still and all, good to have any multiverse back.  If this means limited series and one-shots set on other Earths, like the Marvel Family Earth, Charlton Earth and that intriguing "Nazi League" Earth, then I'm in.  But if we only see the other Earths in cross-overs with "New Earth" characters, forget it.

This looks like a job for...
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2007, 04:05:21 PM »

Earth-17 is a weird medieval post-apocalyptic world with armored knights riding albino mutant horses.

Those are the original Atomic Knights, from the "Strange Adventures" series.  And those "mutant horses" are actually giant Dalmations.   Wink  Originally the Knights were survivors of "The Great Atomic War of 1986", but the global catastrophe was later vaguely described as "The Great Disaster".  Kamandi's adventures were also retconned as part of this world.  See:  http://www.toonopedia.com/atomic_k.htm

Thank you, so much DCU history so little money!   Grin

Confirmed

Earth 2 = Golden Age

Earth 3 = Crime Syndicate of Amerika

Earth 4 = Charlton

Earth 5 = Captain Marvel & Family

Earth 10 = Freedom Fighters

Earth 17 = Atomic Knights

Earth 22 = Kingdom Come

Earth 50 = Wildstorm

Unsure

Earth 1 or Earth 52 = New Earth

Seen but not yet designated

Tangent

Dark Knight Returns

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2007, 05:34:49 PM »

Seen but not yet designated

Dark Knight Returns

Based on the cover to Booster Gold #1, there's a possibility this is Earth-7.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2007, 11:53:31 PM »

Lots of more info here: http://forum.newsarama.com/showthread.php?t=111254

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
carmelo
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2007, 03:42:47 AM »

Two questions: 1-where is Will Eisner's Spirit? on Earth-2 with golden age heroes  or on Earth-5 ? 2- the Earth of Timely-Marvel characters is in those 52 Earths?  And if anyone have a friend in DC comics...please i want my Weisenger silver age earth (Earth 6,like 60s or Earth 50 like 50s are good for me). Thanks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L