superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:29:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Who would win in a fight in their most powerful state.
Superman(Prime) - 4 (80%)
Goku(SSJ4) - 1 (20%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Superman vs Goku  (Read 6943 times)
Retrosurrection
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« on: April 30, 2007, 04:28:17 AM »

Hi, I am new to the forum I basically wanted to know your opinion on if Goku from Dragonball Z fought Superman Prime, since that is the strongest incarnation of Superman, the argument from an anime forum was "Goku would win because everyone voted him" I would like to see how you would vote. 
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2007, 09:45:01 AM »

I've never been able to watch the cartoon bur I have read a few older installments of DBZ in Shonen Jump.  I can't say I know from this brief reading how powerful Goku is and whether that peak strength is applied consistently.  Goku, based on the Monkey King, has something like a magic-based strength, which is hard to guage (not that anyone outside of role-playing gamers really tries to gauge Supes' strength).

Superman and Goku have a lot in common --both have mythic overtones and both have been sent to Earth as children, I think.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Retrosurrection
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2007, 07:32:47 PM »

Yeah, I am a DBZ fan myself, but I have been in some heated debates regarding this, Superman Prime would wipe the floor with Goku.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 12:27:58 AM »

who is Superman Prime?

Why would be be more powerful that the 1960's Superman?

This is the modern version of Superman Vs Mighty Mouse.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Retrosurrection
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 04:35:33 AM »

Superman Prime was in DC 1,000,000 it's normal Superman but he lived 80,000 years in the sun, his powers were insane, he could even create life.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2007, 04:50:34 AM »

Goku gets pasted pretty easily, and Superman Prime is pretty powerful.

But Goku does have the magical Nyoi-bo and it's possible that his powers are based in magic.  Superman's major weakness besides kryptonite is magic - so I don't think it's clear cut and Goku stands a good chance.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Retrosurrection
Jimmy Olsen Fan Club

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 06:59:51 AM »

Yeah but Prime has developed an immunity to Kryptonite
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 12:27:52 PM »

This is a job for the 1950s-era Superman, who'd quickly realize that Goku just loves to eat and use his super-chef skills to create a super-food supply.  Then they'd team up and destroy Perfect Cel Luthor in a three-part epic (a compromise between the short Superman stories of the era and the deadly-long drawn-out DBZ stories).

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L