superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonFREE WEB E-MAIL!Holliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GENERAL DESTRUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:38:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What was he thinking?  (Read 5685 times)
Just a fan
Superman Family

« on: May 03, 2007, 11:03:22 PM »

Has anyone else ever wonder why Jor-El didn't give Lar Gand (Mon-El) help in getting back to Daxem or for that matter why he didn't send Kal_el there? seems like it would have been a shorter safer trip, and with Gand's family there it's almost a sure bet that he would have been taken in and raised as one of their own, plus for that matter they could have sent a ship and saved the whole El family.

No man stands as tall as when he stoops to help a child
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2007, 08:58:11 AM »

Good question. It would certainly have made more sense to send for help from Daxam. Maybe Daxam had very strict immigration policies? Maybe Jor-El just really had his heart set on Kal getting superpowers?

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2007, 05:52:15 PM »

Maybe he was forbidden to interfere with Daxamites.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2007, 06:24:04 PM »

"Tough you have grown up among Daxamites, you are not one of them..."

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2007, 01:55:27 PM »

Thought I'd bump this topic up: Just a Fan asked a pretty good question in terms of the internal consistency of the continuity, if you see what I mean. I forget how the physics work now: is Daxam a planet where Kal-El would have had superpowers? Isn't it blue-star or something, so he'd have had a few, anyway? Or would Daxam have been poisonous to him, as Earth was to Mon-El? I know I could look it up, but I can't be bothered.

nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 06:55:48 PM »

Kal wouldn't have had super-powers on Daxam, any more than Mon did while he was there.  Interesting point about Daxam maybe being poisonous, though.  I can't remember any visits to Daxam in the canon, so I don't know that it came up.  In fact the only glimpse I got of other Daxamites was when Darkseid turned thousands (millions?) of them into an evil army, and even then they were flying around in space, not oeprating on Daxam.

What did Daxam look like?  I guess I never saw it.

This looks like a job for...
Kinggunman
Superman Fan

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 11:22:28 PM »

Because then, there wouldn't be a story.

Destiny is a load of crap, created by weak people who are to afraid to take control of their own lives.-me
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 01:15:39 AM »

Maybe he thought baby Kal would have a better life on Earth than on Daxam.

Maybe Daxamites didnt like strangers on their planet (If I recall Daxamites didn't like mixing with other races, though this might have been post crisis so it really wouldn't count)
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L