superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE AUCTION!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 11:19:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All-Star Superman Vol.1 TPB  (Read 11240 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: May 06, 2007, 08:54:19 PM »

This thread is to post reviews and thoughts on this book.

I read the series so far but didn't buy any of the issues as I was waiting for the trade, as I always do, I have ordered this book from Amazon, so I should be receiving it soon.

Anyway else already have it?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2007, 08:31:27 AM »

I bought the individual issues. Does the TPB offer anything else apart from the inevitable foreword? I might pick it up if there's additional artwork or something fun like that.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 01:50:29 PM »

I'm buying the singles, too.  Just about the only thing I AM buying.

I don't know if I'll go for a collection, but if so I'll likely wait for an all-inclusive "Absolute" edition, which is pretty much guaranteed.

Plus at the rate the book's coming out, I'll have another 3 years to save up for it.  Cheesy

This looks like a job for...
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 06:40:03 PM »

I got the singles too but am recommending it to friends who missed the initial six run.  Whoever those 'friends' are...Huh??
The Spider
Supermen of America

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2007, 06:19:21 AM »

I bought the individual issues. Does the TPB offer anything else apart from the inevitable foreword? I might pick it up if there's additional artwork or something fun like that.

There's no extras other than the forward.

However, they did do a lot of touching up on the colors and art--the "S" on some pages of the first issue is fixed to look better, the second issue has a lot of background color changes, Lana Lang's hair in the Smallville sequence is red-orange, etc etc.  But I don't think there's HUGE differences.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 06:21:10 AM by The Spider » Logged
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 01:06:23 PM »

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll probably get the TPB anyway, because I'm so lousy at keeping my collection in order, and this is definitely a series I'm going to want to read again and again, if nothing else for the artwork.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 01:07:37 AM »

Well, I got it and I read it nearly in one sitting. Other than the odd panel of Samson referring to a belt buckle that didn't even exist, it was darn near perfect.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
kirby911
Superman Fan

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 08:57:21 PM »

I don't like it to much, but was alright.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L