superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:39:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Picture: Superboy "staying with it" as the years roll on  (Read 30364 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2007, 11:28:01 PM »

Here is a good question for you all...

If Superman is invulnerable, then how come he ages?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2007, 12:54:27 AM »

why do your physical skills/attributes negate biological maturity?

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2007, 01:16:16 AM »

why do your physical skills/attributes negate biological maturity?

Well, his hair and nails do not grow under a yellow sun.

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2007, 02:50:00 AM »

It's awful to countenance the fact that at some point in the future, say in 2021, the Superman of that age will have been a teenager in our time. He's got a MySpace account, and probably vlogs on YouTube; he likes Lindsay Lohan and says "Totally awesome" a lot. And he probably watches Smallville. Lord only knows how he'll turn out when he grows up.

Heh... reminds me of the Animaniacs fanfiction story I contributed to once long ago, where a villain pulls Superboy into the (then-)present from the past, and brainwashes him with episodes of various WB dramas (particularly "Smallville") to turn him into a zombie teen-angst-ridden slave... :-p
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 02:51:53 AM by Johnny Nevada » Logged

Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2007, 08:37:55 AM »

I've often wondered about that. I seem to remember that in the Superman 2020 backup series, Superman was shown as an elderly (if muscular) gent with white hair. The readers protested, so DC came up with some sort of hokum to explain how it had turned that way. You'd think that Superman's invulnerability would ensure that he remained in his prime for a very long time (if not forever).

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2007, 02:07:56 PM »

This bugs me, too... the Earth Two Superman shouldn't look as old as he does, but that was to differenciate him from Kal-El...

I always figured Superman would live for centuries and age very slowly... but then again he aged normally til 18.

On the unified Earth, he still could have been the first hero in 1938 and due to his slow aging still be active today with little difference, looks wise.  His girlfriend/wife back then could have been Lana Lang. He could have had a different secret ID (or could now pose as Clark Kent Jr)

Just my thoughts
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #30 on: May 12, 2007, 02:13:47 PM »

When Earth-2 Superman 1st appeared he looked just like Earth-1 Superman.

http://comics.org/coverview.lasso?id=35935&zoom=4

Even in 1982 he was still being drawn looking the same as his Earth-1 counterpart.

- Elliot S! Maggin
shazamtd
Superman Family

« Reply #31 on: May 12, 2007, 04:42:45 PM »

But for a kid who grew up on re-runs of George Reeve, Chris took some getting used to.

I understand how you feel.  I'm the same way about Brandon Routh.  Although I do like him and George Reeves too.

The part I really didn't get, and still don't, is how people say Chris Reeve looked exactly a Curt Swan-drawn Superman.  Maybe a Garcia-Lopez Superman, or even a Neal Adams Superman, but not a Curt Swan.

I agree.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 04:45:58 PM by shazamtd » Logged

"Is there no one on this planet to even challenge me?!" - General Zod (Superman II)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L