superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:10:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What if? A Superman "camp"TV show in 1966.  (Read 20526 times)
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 01:35:35 AM »

Yes, that's exactly it....if I ever acquire a working record player, I'll make an mp3
King Krypton
Superman Family

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 05:52:44 AM »

What if together Batman also Superman had his TV show in 1966? Imagined a new show in color,with more advanced special effects than 50s TV series in pure Batman 60s camp style! For the role of Superman Bob Holiday (that in 66 played the role to Brodway). 

Wouldn't have lasted. The TV shows that tried to mimic Batman died quick deaths. This would have been the same thing.

Also, wouldn't the death of George Reeves have still been too fresh in people's memories?

My first novella, Wounds of the Heart (http://www.booksurge.com/product.php3?bookID=IMPR02655-00001), has been published. Check it out, if you like.
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2007, 12:39:07 AM »

Batman didn't last that long, really, in the scheme of things.  Funny how many of the fantasy shows from the Boomer 60s were mere blips (2-3 seasons) but because of the nature of tv, reruns, and the Boomer audience, have become immortal.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
JulianPerez
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2007, 09:45:16 PM »

BATMAN only really worked because of the wonderful combination of elements: Stanley Ralph Ross as writer, Adam West (maybe the funniest human being ever born), and the influence of pop art and camp in general. It caught lightning in a bottle. You really couldn't do it a second time.

All the same...

Wow, wouldn't it have been great to see Superman actually battle VILLAINS? I know, what a concept, right?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2007, 10:18:17 PM by JulianPerez » Logged

"Wait, folks...in a startling new development, Black Goliath has ripped Stilt-Man's leg off, and appears to be beating him with it!"
       - Reporter, Champions #15 (1978)
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2007, 10:04:57 PM »

Adam West (maybe the funniest human being ever born)

I'm ashamed to say that I don't really know much about Adam West, but his comedic talents certainly take the fore in this pilot for a series that unfortunately never took off: http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=l9ZX72K1Va4

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2007, 10:49:49 PM »

Adam West + the writing of Conan O'Brien = brilliant!  Cheesy
RonFez.net
Superman's Pal

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 09:11:36 PM »

What if together Batman also Superman had his TV show in 1966? Imagined a new show in color,with more advanced special effects than 50s TV series in pure Batman 60s camp style! For the role of Superman Bob Holiday (that in 66 played the role to Brodway). 

Wouldn't have lasted. The TV shows that tried to mimic Batman died quick deaths. This would have been the same thing.

Also, wouldn't the death of George Reeves have still been too fresh in people's memories?

Remember the Green Hornet
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 10:57:10 PM »

It would look just like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5Zoiq2sBFc

Grin

Holy Mother of Crap!!! Someone actually managed to find this? I had read about this in a comic magazine years ago and didn't believe it when I did but sure enough it was real! I hear they also tried to make a Star Trek sequel around the same time, I wonder if anybody has that one too.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L