superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:26:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 52: Television Earths  (Read 5236 times)
ShinDangaioh
Last Son of Krypton

« on: May 06, 2007, 03:24:19 AM »

Administrator's note: This thread has been split from this one.

Inteesting.  However, it still leaves some missing universes that the old pre-Crisis multiverse dealt with.

Superman I, II, III, IV + Supergirl along with Superman Returns
Batman, Superboy, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Superfriends, Legion of Doom
Batman: The Animated Series, Adventures of Superman, Jutsice Leauge

The universes described in the movies, movie serials, and television shows.

As to that list I posted, that was created before Wiki around the time of Zero Hour
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 09:12:13 PM by Great Rao » Logged
dto
Action Ace

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 06:37:54 AM »

ShinDangaloh, I personally identify the "Hollywood" Earths as subsets of the main Pre-Crisis worlds. For instance:

Earth-1C (for Cinema) -- home of the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, and the Batman films.  Notable distortion is that Batgirl is a blond Barbara Wilson.   Wink

Earth-1T (for Television) -- home of "The Adventures of Superboy" and "Lois and Clark" series (not "Smallville"), "The Flash" and "Wonder Woman" (later seasons set in the present).

Earth-2S (for Serial) -- home of the Kirk Alwyn Superman serial, and the Batman serials.

Earth-2T (for Television) -- home of the George Reeves "The Adventures of Superman" and the early Lynda Carter "Wonder Woman" series set during WWII.

Earth-BT (for Television) -- home of the Alan West Batman series.  Wink

Earth-F (for Filmation) -- home of the Filmation live action and animated shows.  Here, Captain Marvel occasionally teams up with Isis.

Earth-T/D -- the animated Timm/Diniverse.

Looking over the list, I notice that Earth-13 isn't mentioned.  (Maybe it was so unlucky it didn't even LAST to the Crisis!)   Wink  I wonder what the new Earth-13 will be...

DTO
Johnny Nevada
Last Son of Krypton

Milwaukee, WI

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 07:05:05 PM »

Earth-1T (for Television) -- home of "The Adventures of Superboy" and "Lois and Clark" series (not "Smallville"), "The Flash" and "Wonder Woman" (later seasons set in the present).

"Superboy" and "Lois and Clark" can't be the same Earth---"Lois and Clark" is pretty clearly based on the Byrne Superman---particularly in that he didn't start his career until he was an adult (no Superboy).

well if your looking for a list of comic book universes try this one,

http://blaklion.best.vwh.net/time_links.html

the cosmology compendium! (one of my fav sites) the list includes both marvel and dc universes with others thrown in (ABC universe, alan moores Awesome comics universe, and the seventies atlas comics methinks). it even has timelines on the worlds!!! fun!

alas it doesnt provide me with a pre crisis earth 1 timeline or a marvel timeline which i would love to browse (yep im a dork)

and if you are interested, heres the definitive timeline of Earth-0, the post zero hour earth
http://dcu.smartmemes.com/

I've never seen a timeline for the pre-Crisis Earth-1 as a whole, but have seen this site, which does a fairly good job summarizing the various comics of Earth-1 characters (including Superman) in a chronological order: http://darkmark6.tripod.com/indexintro.html

Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 01:26:06 PM »

The Siegel/Shuster Superboy lawsuit is functionally equivalent to Superboy-Prime's fist in the Superboy/L&C world, thus the schism. 

llozymandias
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 08:22:10 PM »

Administrator's note: This thread has been split from this one.

Inteesting.  However, it still leaves some missing universes that the old pre-Crisis multiverse dealt with.

Superman I, II, III, IV + Supergirl along with Superman Returns
Batman, Superboy, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Superfriends, Legion of Doom
Batman: The Animated Series, Adventures of Superman, Jutsice Leauge

The universes described in the movies, movie serials, and television shows.

As to that list I posted, that was created before Wiki around the time of Zero Hour

Actually the pre-crisis multiverse never really dealt with the universes you have in your list.  Yes there was a Superfriends title.  However it seemed to be set on an earth more like Earth-1 than the earth in the cartoon.  

ShinDangaloh, I personally identify the "Hollywood" Earths as subsets of the main Pre-Crisis worlds. For instance:

Earth-1C (for Cinema) -- home of the Christopher Reeve Superman movies, and the Batman films.  Notable distortion is that Batgirl is a blond Barbara Wilson.   Wink

"The Adventures of Superboy" had its own multiverse.  Too many other differences between "Superboy" & "Lois and Clark" for them to be the same earth.  "The Flash" seemed to be in its own universe.  "Wonder Woman" from beginning to end took place on one earth.  

Earth-2S (for Serial) -- home of the Kirk Alwyn Superman serial, and the Batman serials.

Earth-2T (for Television) -- home of the George Reeves "The Adventures of Superman" and the early Lynda Carter "Wonder Woman" series set during WWII.

The entire Lynda Carter "Wonder Woman" series took place on one earth.  "the Adventures of Superman" seemed to be in its own universe.

Earth-BT (for Television) -- home of the Alan West Batman series.  Wink

You mean Adam West.  I think.

Earth-F (for Filmation) -- home of the Filmation live action and animated shows.  Here, Captain Marvel occasionally teams up with Isis.

Earth-T/D -- the animated Timm/Diniverse.

The Diniverse looks more like it has a multiverse of its own.

Looking over the list, I notice that Earth-13 isn't mentioned.  (Maybe it was so unlucky it didn't even LAST to the Crisis!)   Wink  I wonder what the new Earth-13 will be...

John Martin, citizen of the omniverse.
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 09:55:28 AM »

As he did in an issue of the 70s comic (and will probably do again soon, if he didn't already in 52).

The Diniverse has at least two parallels --the world of the Justice Lords, and an alternative past with Sgt Rock and super-powered Nazis.

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L