superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:51:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: just read our worlds at war...  (Read 3850 times)
crispy snax
Superman Family

« on: May 15, 2007, 04:20:47 AM »

and i just like to say: Yuck!

i hate comics which are just meaningless battle after battle (like this one) i also hate manchester black, since he is a modern english cliche (i mean bleedin' ell matey, we dont all talk like this loike, naw matter what american comic book writers think). the fact that every third issue had a rather pretenious thing of adding boxes with kennedy speaches DOESNT make it high brow, it tires out after just one box... but what i hated most was:

hippolytas death scene... horrible, grotesque, worse than anything in infinte crisis.. is that what they do to one of their oldest characters?

im just glad i didnt pay for it, one to be retconned i say
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2007, 12:41:09 PM »

War = Bore.  "Our World's A Bore", "Civil Bore", etc.  We need more hackneyed "wars" in comics like we need a third nostril.

I always thought it was funny that "worlds" was pluralized, though, almost like there was a multiverse or something.  Smiley

Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 12:49:42 PM »

My sister bought it for me for my birthday. I looked at all the pictures and finished the book in one day, just so I could say that I read it.  Tongue

I agree...pretty bad as far as Superman books go.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2007, 01:06:38 PM »

I always thought it was funny that "worlds" was pluralized, though, almost like there was a multiverse or something.  Smiley

um i think worlds was pluralised becuase it was a space war, therefore more than one world, so they did a play on the old "our world at war" thing from ww2

and yeah i pretty much read it just to give it the benefit of the doubt, i would have never have brought it however...
Uncle Mxy
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 01:17:26 PM »

Yeah, I know where the title came from, but if you'd seen such a title in Pre-Crisis, you'd be thinking "Earth-2 appearance" at a minimum.  That's all.

Gangbuster
Superman Squad

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 06:49:57 PM »

Frankly, a pre-Crisis story that showed Mary Marvel stabbing Robin in the face would have been a much better read. I have since tried to sell my book on Amazon.com, but there were no takers.

"Trying to capture my wife, eh? That makes me SUPER-MAD!"

-"Superman", 1960

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L