superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonLois & Clark: The Ghost of Superman FutureHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "GETTING AFFAIRS IN ORDER!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:31:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More info on Superman's new continuity  (Read 30241 times)
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2007, 05:50:51 PM »

makes you wonder, why could the kids in the forties could let go when in later years people became fans for decades and so

well i guess ya gotta have a hobby, and it beats killing babies

Wow, what's THAT supposed to mean?  Shocked  Are you suggesting 1940s Americans were baby killers?  Because the stats show they were the record-setting baby-MAKERS of all time.

Or do you simply, literally mean collecting comics is a better passtime?  Because that's one endorsement even I can get behind.  In fact, it might even work as DC's new tagline..."DC Comics...If Nothing Else, Superior to Infanticide!"

This looks like a job for...
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2007, 11:19:42 PM »

"DC Comics...If Nothing Else, Superior to Infanticide!"

And only slightly less fun than babymaking.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 12:13:33 AM »

In fact, it might even work as DC's new tagline..."DC Comics...If Nothing Else, Superior to Infanticide!"

not always: http://comics.org/series.lasso?SeriesID=13417

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
crispy snax
Superman Family

« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 11:40:46 AM »

woah i wasnt accusing the people of the forties of infanticide (unless you count ww2 but lots of people died in that, death for all ages). just that collecting comics is better than babies... not that ive tried it, thats my story and im sticking to it!

and yeah dc comics will do baby killing (hasnt the riddler recently gone infanticidal) but at least the baby is well armed in that pic
nightwing
Defender of Kandor
Council of Wisdom

Semper Vigilans

« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2007, 12:59:34 PM »

I seem to remember they killed off Wally West's twins.  Maybe it should be, "DC...Don't Worry If We Hit Rock Bottom, We Brought Our Shovels."

This looks like a job for...
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2007, 02:08:14 PM »

I thought the twins were stuck somewhere in the speed force or the like
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2007, 10:03:56 PM »

I thought the twins were stuck somewhere in the speed force or the like
I tried to figure all this out on a Flash website (by which I mean a website about the Flash, not that it had fancy animation), and there were so many links back and forth to all sorts of events and all sorts of speed force business that I didn't know how to read it in a linear fashion. So these twins are stuck in the speed force, which, I think, has ceased to exist, and maybe they went into the future or the past or something.

Personally I liked that Secret Origins story in which, when Barry Allen raced the tachyon in Crisis, he went back in time and turned into the very bolt of lightning that gave him his superspeed in the first place. That I can understand. Now I don't even know who the Flash is.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
Klar Ken T5477
Council of Wisdom

Metropolis Prime, NYC, NY USA

« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2007, 05:17:35 AM »

The Flash is Mopee. Roll Eyes Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L