superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 06:47:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: More info on Superman's new continuity  (Read 29995 times)
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 05:43:51 PM »

ROTFLMAO!!!
Superman Homepage is a post-crisis superman site, so we have to understand how those fans are reacting to these changes, I remember feeling the way around 1986 Wink

“You can please some of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time.” -Abraham Lincoln

Wait until the next Crisis finishes, oh boy, that will turn some heads.     

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2007, 04:57:15 AM »

I remember feeling the way around 1986 Wink

In 1986 I remember feeling, "Thanks Rao, I don't have to read superhero comics anymore and have my heart broken when a writer or artist leaves my fave series or a new artist who I used to like comes on board and radically changes everything the last team did."

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 01:43:57 PM »

I remember in 1986 thinking "thank Rao I dont have to read comics anymore becuase they stop publishing superman. I can save all that money I used to waste!!!"
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 02:30:21 PM »

I remember in 1986, when I was 19 and even dumber than I am now, thinking that they were going to keep all the good stuff and get rid of the bad stuff. Within weeks, I was yearning to see Clark Kent as an anchorman for WGBS again, something I still want. Oh, how I miss Josh Coyle popping his ulcer pills.

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 06:04:14 PM »

LOL, I remember in the early 70s saying "no, they're NOT going to take Clark away from the Planet and put him on some trendy TV station!"  Grin
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2007, 02:33:26 AM »

I was only 8 years old at the time of the revamp and I didn't even find out about it until I was twice that age! I guess I'm one of those people the post-crisis universe was made for, too bad I never embraced it! Grin I guess I would be considered the "transitional generation". At any rate, my Superman is and always will be the "Ruby Spears Superman" from the cartoon (which is a sort of combination of both versions). But I do agree that fans of the post-crisis era are now in the same position pre-crisis fans found themselves for a decade and a half.   
TELLE
Supermanica Council
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2007, 05:46:21 AM »

LOL, I remember in the early 70s saying "no, they're NOT going to take Clark away from the Planet and put him on some trendy TV station!"  Grin

I remember in the late 30s thinking, "By Crom, these Doc Savage mags are boring.  I wish I could read stories about a super-man who could fly and has super-strength!" as well as "I wish they would invent tv!"

Everything you ever wanted to
know about the classic Superman:
Supermanica
The Encyclopedia of Supermanic Biography!
(temporarily offline)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 11:21:48 AM »

I bet in the 1940's fans were going "I thought he could leap tall buildings in a single bound, why is he flying now?".

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L