superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:01:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: DC Zombies!  (Read 13937 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 12:04:14 AM »

I like Marvel Zombies; real scary stuff but I don't think it'll work well in the DCU. Alot of Marvel focuses on the darkside of super-heroics; it just wouldn't translate well into the DC Universe. Now DC Apes!...Now you're talking!...Wait...They already did that..Never mind.... Grin

Funny thing, Joe Q. asked what fans would like to see after Marvel Zombies, a reader suggested Marvel Apes.

I might go for zombie apes... Cheesy

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 04:56:14 AM »

I prefer Nazi Gorillas
jamespup
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 02:09:29 PM »

In the current Wonder Woman, her mom is sorta like a zombie, raised from the dead and all , but she's not brain-hungry
Superman of America
Superman Family

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 01:25:35 AM »

Here's what a DC Zombies might look like: A special commision of Crisis on Infinite Earths no.7(The Supergirl death issue) by Suydam!
http://vu.morrissey-solo.com/moz/perez/index.htm
Scroll down & click on the icon. The Perez's original cover is side by side with the Zombified one!

Superman of America: America's No.1 Sunshine Superman!
carmine
Superman Family

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 01:41:44 AM »

all of DC earth get's bizarro-ed!!! now thats a comic I would read. Jimmy olsen the only "normal" person left has to figure out a way to reverse the bizarro effect!
at one point he puts on white make up and acts dumb to fool all the bizarros (like in shaun of the dead when they acted like zombies)

sign me up!!!!!
Ruby Spears Superman
Superman Family

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2007, 03:45:38 AM »

I love the apple in her mouth with the "help me!" look on her face! But seriously, I think the whole zombies thing was stupid even when Marvel did it. It really hurt the believability of Ultimate Fantastic Four when Reed went into that zombie reality. Especially since the Ultimates univerese is supposed to be more realistic then the mainstream universe.
AMAZO
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 02:11:50 PM »

To be honest, I once looked in a Marvel Zombies book--and I actually felt dirty afterward. I think the entire concept is disrespectful to the characters, their history, and the creators of those characters. I like my comics light and bright, with heroes who are heroes. I honestly think that anyone with such gruesome sensibilities has no business writing or drawing superhero funnybooks.

A GENIUS IN INTELLECT-
A HERCULES IN STRENGTH
A NEMESIS TO WRONG-DOERS-
The SUPERMAN!
SteamTeck
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 06:59:23 PM »

To be honest, I once looked in a Marvel Zombies book--and I actually felt dirty afterward. I think the entire concept is disrespectful to the characters, their history, and the creators of those characters. I like my comics light and bright, with heroes who are heroes. I honestly think that anyone with such gruesome sensibilities has no business writing or drawing superhero funnybooks.

Precisely! I agree completely. Its the true dregs of the rusty iron age.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L