superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "THE SPECIAL REPORT!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:27:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Poll
Question: Why do people like Batman more than Superman?
like superman more
like batman more

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: superman  (Read 7648 times)
RonFez.net
Superman's Pal

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 03:52:16 AM »

The reason some people prefer batman is most likely his modus operandi.  Batman operates by fear.  The underworld believes him to be an avenging spirit, while the common man believes him a myth.  It's also that he's a dark gritty pulp-type character, whose devoted his life to vengeance.
SteamTeck
Superman Emergency Squad

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 03:56:57 AM »

I'm not a huge fan of Batman as he's been written as far more perfect and infallible than Superman ever was.

The Animated Series Batman was brilliant though, I love him.

And the interactions with the TAS Superman were great too. Together they were often more entertaining than apart.
JRJ123
Superman's Pal

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2007, 12:38:02 AM »

I like Superman AND Batman. They work well as a team. Batman is smart. Supes - not so smart.

Batman not very powerful. Just a man. Together they are better than the sum of their parts. They need each other.

Not true. Superman has a stupidly high IQ. The only reason they work well as a team is because Batman's stealth and subtlety work as a perfect foil for Superman's sheer power. However, Superman could move around fast enough for there to be no need for stealth in the first place. Superman carries Batman in all honesty, and the only reason Batman is still alive is because Superman lets him be.

This is not to say that I don't like Batman, though; on the contrary!

I have something to announce... I'm fat. There, I said it, now it's nobody's fault...Meg.
maggiethecat
Superman Fan

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TW8UR81Us54

I think this says it al  Cheesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L