superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 02:42:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The "Superman" From Outer Space  (Read 12215 times)
Glammazon
Superman Fan

« on: June 01, 2007, 06:44:18 PM »

I still haven't seen the 1960 story "The 'Superman' From Outer Space," on this website at all.  What the heck is taking so long?

Superman is and always has been the Man of Steel.
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 03:44:29 AM »

Gosh, I'm sorry.  I'm sure it'll be up soon.  You'd better check the site every single day.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
davidelliott
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 02:23:39 PM »

I gave up even having a personal website some time ago, due to the time and energy it takes to get it updated and all... I can't imagine all the time it would take to scan a comic book story, crop it, touch it up and post it on the site.  OH! And work on K-Metal, too...

Give the guy a break...
Great Rao
Administrator
Council of Wisdom

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 07:49:43 PM »

Sometimes the humor in a situation gets the better of me, hence my flippant response.  The reason the story hasn't been scanned is because I haven't read it, I never knew about it, and I don't own it.  In order for me to post a story, I have to like it and/or think that it ads something important to the legend.  Since I haven't read this tale, I can't judge it.  And since I don't own a copy, I couldn't scan it even if I wanted to.  If you'd like to see it on the site, feel free to buy a copy and scan it then send the scans to me.  A number of other people have done this in the past, adding some great stuff that I never even knew about to our collection of online tales.

Also, as has been mentioned in the site FAQ, Superman Through the Ages! is pretty much in "hold" mode as it has served its purpose.  I'm not really updating it or adding much, aside from the K-Metal comic.  So on second thought, even if you did send in scans of this story, they might just sit in my inbox.

"The bottom line involves choices.  Neither gods nor humans have ever stood calmly in a minefield forever.  Good or evil, they are bound to choose.  And when they do, you will see the truth of all that motivates us.  As a thinking being, you have the obligation to choose.  If the fate of all mankind were in your hands, what would your decision be?  As a writer and an artist, I've drawn my answer."   - Jack Kirby
Permanus
Superman Squad

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2007, 10:13:40 PM »

Hey! This isn't what I ordered! Take it back!

Between the revolution and the firing-squad, there is always time for a glass of champagne.
MatterEaterLad
Council of Wisdom

Silver Age Surfer

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2007, 11:08:39 PM »

In the meantime, the original poster can learn more about the story at:

http://superman.nu/wiki/index.php/Hyper-Man

Unless he/she already has the comic, and then its easier to read that than the story online.
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2007, 12:12:32 AM »

isn't it in one of the Showcase Superman books?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
DBN
Last Son of Krypton

« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 02:11:52 AM »

Yup, it's in Volume 2.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L