superman.nuMary Immaculate of Lourdes NewtonHolliston School Committeefacebook    
  •   forum   •   COUNTDOWN TO MIRACLE MONDAY: "IT'S REAL!" •   fortress   •  
Superman Through the Ages! Forum
News: Superman Through the Ages! now located at theAges.superman.nu

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:08:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: History of the Multiverse: The Interview  (Read 5148 times)
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« on: June 03, 2007, 03:08:16 PM »

Dan Jurgens is a big part of DC's Countdown. He's creating the Multiverse back-up stories that are featured in the series. He tells us what it's like playing in this big, big comic book world.

read it here:

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=36;t=006324

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 12:56:17 AM »

Great read. To buy or not to buy Countdown, that is the question. 

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Super Monkey
Super
League of Supermen

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 02:54:43 AM »

The key point here:

THE PULSE: How do you approach something so expansive as a History of the Multiverse? How do you research something like this?

JURGENS: It's researched via my own memory and a massive stack of comics that are sitting here. Again, we're hitting the high points here, in so far as the other universes go.

THE PULSE: What will each part of this be exploring?

JURGENS: I think the best way to approach this is with some sense of chronological order, starting with the first time two universes interacted. This happened, of course, when Earth-1's Flash inadvertently traveled to Earth-2.

So I guess that means that All of our old comics are now back in canon?

"I loved Super-Monkey; always wanted to do something with him but it never happened."
- Elliot S! Maggin
Michel Weisnor
Action Ace

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 04:57:03 PM »

The key point here:

THE PULSE: How do you approach something so expansive as a History of the Multiverse? How do you research something like this?

JURGENS: It's researched via my own memory and a massive stack of comics that are sitting here. Again, we're hitting the high points here, in so far as the other universes go.

THE PULSE: What will each part of this be exploring?

JURGENS: I think the best way to approach this is with some sense of chronological order, starting with the first time two universes interacted. This happened, of course, when Earth-1's Flash inadvertently traveled to Earth-2.

So I guess that means that All of our old comics are now back in canon?

Probably, after the Megaverse is added all DC comics will be back in canon. It's a long, 7 years!, explanation for essentially the hypertime concept.

You know what's funny? What made DC unique the last twenty plus years was the singleverse. Now, DC appears to be adapting Marvel's working multiple universe model. Not that I'm complaining or anything, just a thought. 

"Truth, Tolerance, and Justice"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

CURRENT FORUM

Archives: OLD FORUM  -  DCMB  -  KAL-L